Chapter 4

Noah's POV

I was woken up to the handsomest person in my school, my new boyfriend, Kai. I smile at him.
"Morning Baby," he says with a beautiful smile.
"Morning," I say quietly. He rubs my face until he pulls down the sheet and looks at my stomach. My parents don't feed me. They starve me, so my stomach is caved in.
A week ago, David took out a pocket knife and carved "Disgusting Faggot" into my stomach.
Kai looks at me with a frown that made me sad.
"Why didn't you tell me about this?"
I frown.
"Sorry," I mumble.
"You need to tell me about this kind of stuff Baby." He says.
He picks me up and sets me on his lap.
"Please?" He asks. I sigh.
I nod my head, grabbing my stomach so he doesn't see what else David cut out.
He notices and moves my hand and reads.
That part says "Mistake," and there's many more that he reads.
"Ugly, bitch, idiot, worthless." The scars spelled.
His eyes teared up.
"No, don't cry. Please," I whisper.
"You can't let them do this to you!"
He says and a few tears roll down our cheeks. He pulls me forward and hugs me.
"I'm sorry.." I whisper, but he doesn't respond.
"Please talk to me," I whisper. I burst into tears. He wipes his eyes and hugs me a little bit tighter.
"Please Kai." He sighs.
"Baby, don't let them do that," he says. He rubs my face and wipes my tears away, gently setting his hand on my back.
"But I'm too weak to stop them!" I cried out.
He looks at me. "Then tell me when it happens."
When we finish getting ready for school, we walk downstairs.
"Kai, you can wait outside. I have to talk to Noah." David says. Kai looks at me sadly.
"School starts in a few minutes sir, we need to hurry. Don't want the police to come because he isn't going to school, right? I'm sure that wouldn't be the only reason though." He says. My heart starts pacing.
David motions us off, giving me a hateful look.
We go into the car. I lean over to hug him.
"Thank you," I say. He rubs the top of my head and kisses me.
As we arrive at school, he leans over and gently rubs my thigh.
"It's okay."
After third period, I walk with Kai to get lunch. I'm starving and we didn't have time to get breakfast.
He holds my hand while we walked which made everyone realize he's gay.
Some people stood with their jaws dropped.
"Really? You're dating him? The mute kid!?" Some kids yelled. They didn't even care about the fact that he's gay.
When we finish eating lunch, we hang out by a shaded tree.
Jay walks up to us.
"I knew you had a boyfriend. What did you guys do yesterday?" He says, wiggling his eyebrows.
"He went to my house then I spent the night at his," Kai says.
Jay rolls his eyes. "You're boring."
He walked away and we sit down. Kai grabs my hand and I lean my head on his shoulder.
"It's Friday," he says with a smile.
"What do you want to do?"
I shrug my shoulders.
"So you aren't gonna talk to me at school?"
I shake my head.
"Well I won't talk to you. I also won't tell you there's a bug crawling in your hair."
I freak out and shake my hair.
"Calm down, I'm kidding."
"I'm gonna kick you in the nuts," I whisper, but he just laughs.
"Alright."

Kai's POV

In sixth period, we're gonna play dodgeball, one of my favorite games.
I'm pretty good at dodgeball, not to brag.
Coach Jenkins assigns us randomly, but me and Noah have never been on a team together except maybe once last year when we were freshmen.
As I'm getting ready in the locker room, I hear some noises in the area behind me, so I walk around to see what's happening.
Three guys are beating up Noah.
I grab one of their heads and slam it against a locker and he falls on the floor.
One of the other two left but the other one was too stupid to realize what happened.
I grab him by the throat and hold him there until his face turns bright red, then I toss him on the floor next to the other guy.
"Are you alright Noah?"
He looks up and he has a bruise forming around his eye, his nose is bleeding a bit, and his face is soaked with tears.
I help him up and he hugs me.
"Thank you," I hear him whisper quietly.
I pick up his backpack and clothes and move them over to where mine were.
"This will be your new spot, okay?" He nods his head.
When we finish changing we walk into the gym.
"Everybody to your spots!" Coach Kay yells.
After taking role and doing stretches, we start playing dodgeball, but of course, me and Noah aren't on the same team.
I grab a ball that rolled by my feet and throw it. It hit one chubby kid.
I threw another one at some tall kid, but Noah ran in front of him while trying to get a ball and he got hit instead, falling to the floor.
My heart dropped. Me and a couple other kids from both teams ran to help him.
He was knocked out.
I'm glad nobody saw me throw it.
With permission, I took Noah to the nurse. He was unconscious. His eye was even more bruised, the side of his face was red, his nose was bleeding.
"What happened?" Nurse Molly asks.
"We were in PE and I accidentally threw a ball at him."
I set him on the bed.
After a couple minutes, she stopped the blood and bandaged him up.
"I'll call his parents to pick him up."
I shake my head quickly.
"Why?" She smirks. "You scared of them?"
I shake my head slowly.
"No.. But he is.."
She looks at me confused.
I tried explaining how his parents abuse him, but I begged her not to tell CPS or call the police.
"Why not?"
"He doesn't want to go into a foster home."
"Okay," she says, then she leaves the room to work on another patient.
After about an hour, I had been staring into space.
"Shit.." I mumble.
Something hits my head.
"Stop cussing," Noah says. I turn and look at him. He frowns, rubbing my face.
"Were you crying?"
"I'm sorry Baby.." I mumble. He smiles at me, sitting up to hug me.
"It's okay, I've been hurt worse." He says, pointing to his stomach, but that didn't bring a smile to my face.
"It's okay Kai. I'm fine," he said.
We wipes a tear that falls from my eye.
"I promise I'm fine. I can barely even feel it anymore. Please don't be sad. I don't like seeing you sad," he says.
He wipes my face, then pulls me towards him for a kiss.
"Please Kai, don't be sad," he says, but I shake my head.
"It's my fault."
"No it's not. I jumped in the way. Don't say it's your fault Kai. I'm alright." He wraps his arms around me.
"I'm alright."
I hold him tightly.
"Sorry Baby.." I say.
He smiles at me and kisses my nose. I'm lucky I'm dating him.