Chapter 18

Noah's POV

Kai was crying when he woke up and throughout most of the night. I don't know if it's because of his dreams or because his dog, but I still feel terrible.
I only woke up before him because he was crying. He just woke up. I hug him.
I don't know what to say. If I ask him to stop crying, I don't know if it would sound offensive. If I ask what's wrong, I'll feel bad because I already know the answer. If I ask if he's okay, he's clearly not.
"It'll get better," I whisper. Wow, that was actually good. We both sit up.
His eyes are red. I wipe his tears away.
"It's okay."
"It's not.." he mumbles. Frowning, I hug him.
He hugs me back and kisses the top of my head.
I also feel bad because of our heights. He's 5'11 and I'm only 5'0, so he's almost an entire foot taller than me. He has to look down every time he looks at me, so his neck is probably really sore.
I kissed his cheek.
"I love you," I whisper.
"I love you too." He sighs, hugging me tighter.
"I'm sorry I'm crying so much in front of you," he says.
"It's not your fault. Like I said, we all need to cry sometimes."
"I just.." He begins, then pauses.
"Do you need some time alone?" I ask. He shakes his head.
"I want to be with you.." He says and I smile.
"Okay." He puts his head on mine. I wrap my arms around him.
He kisses my cheek and rubs my back.
We went to the park and sat on the swings for an hour.
We didn't drive directly home. We went for a drive that lasted a few hours.
Kai wasn't crying, but I know that he might start at any second.
It was pretty dark for being 6:27. It was supposed to rain tonight and until Friday, so it was pretty dark.
We pulled over in a dark field. He turns over to look at me. His eyes are red, so maybe he was crying.
We talked for an hour, then drove back home. It was 10 when we got home.
Kai's Mom opened the door. We were gone almost all day, so she didn't see us until just now.
"Where were you guys?" She asks Kai.
"We were-" He begins, but he cuts her off.
"Kai, were you crying?" She whispers. He looks down. She pulls him in for a hug, frowning.
"I know this is hard on you, but it's going to get better. Would it make you feel better if we got you a new dog?" He shakes his head.
"I understand," she says, rubbing his back and letting us come inside.
Me and Kai walk to our room. He pulls me onto the bed next to him and kisses my neck.
I smile and laugh lightly, pushing away from him. He hugs me and I hug him back.
He moves me onto his lap and kisses my cheek.
"I love you," he says.
"I love you too. Good night."
"Good night."
When we woke up, we were completely naked.
Kai woke up with a smirk on his face.
"Did you enjoy last night?" I had no idea what he was talking about.
He hugged me, but it was different than normal. Something weird was happening.
He pulls me closer and kisses my neck. It was okay at first, but then he started biting my neck. I pull away.
"What's up?" I look away. He turns my head and pulls me closer and makes out with my neck.
"Kai, stop!" He pushes me down onto the floor.
"You think I really loved you? Stupid. You're just a toy."
Then, I woke up sweating.
"Noah, what's wrong?" I frown, hugging him. We still have our clothes on.
"We didn't.. Do anything last night.. Did we?" I mumble.
"No, why?" I let out a sigh of relief.
"I just had a bad dream." He hugs me.
"It's okay. What was it about?" I scoff jokingly as he says this.
"As stubborn as you were when I asked about your nightmare?" He smiles.
"Okay, if you're still upset about that, sorry," he says. He kisses my cheek.
"No. I was just joking." I rest my head on his chest. He rubs my back.
"Okay, I'll be more open to you about things. Can you just tell me what happened?" He asks.
"It's complicated. I had a dream we.." I mumble.
"Oh."
"And.. You said.." I whispered and I felt myself begin to cry. "You said you didn't.. L-love me.." He hugs me tighter.
"Noah, Baby, of course I love you." I wiped a few tears that fell from my eyes.
"I love you too." He kisses my cheek again, putting one hand on my shoulder, then on my face.
"Okay, put your clothes on. Let me show you something," he says.
After putting our clothes on, he gets a flat piece of cardboard and puts it on the top of the stairs. He sits on it and slides down.
He walks back up the stairs.
"Kai, I'm going to die. I'm not doing that." He smiles.
"I won't let you die. I'll stand at the bottom of the stairs."
"If I scream, I'll wake everyone up."
"Well Jenna's got a thick skull, my Dad's a heavy sleeper, and my Mom's at her friend's house."
"Fine." I sat on the cardboard and he walked down the bottom of the stairs. I closed my eyes and pushed myself down.
That was terrifying.
"I'm never doing that again." He laughs, patting my back.
"Me and Jenna did it all the time as kids. We loved it," he says.
We went back up to the room. This day has been great.