Chapter 3

Kai' POV

He's crying even more.
"I'm sorry Noah." He's still crying. I sigh, wiping his tears away.
I place his head on my chest.
"Just don't do that anymore.. Okay?"
He doesn't do anything. I set him on the floor and put bandages on the new cuts and scars on his skinny little legs.
"Why are you cutting yourself?"
He tries to avoid eye contact. I shake my head.
"Please don't do that anymore Noah. Please."
He stands up and wraps his arms around my neck, giving me a big hug. I set my hands on his back, then I move on up to the top of his head. Why do I want to kiss him so badly?
He pulls his pants up and we walk back to PE.
I stop him and I raise the back of his shirt up.
There's bruises, big bruises. Ones the size of my fist and bigger. There's cuts and a small shard of glass sticking out. He lowers his head.
"There's a piece of glass in your back. Want me to get it?"
He doesn't answer, trying to get it himself. I guide his hand to it. He pulls it out and it starts bleeding.
That must've been uncomfortable. A piece of glass sticking out your back. How does that even work?
Luckily, I have another bandage.
School's finally over, but as I'm walking with Noah, I remember what he said.
He told me he gets abused.
"We're gonna go to my house." He looks up at me with a small smile. I smile back at him.
We're in my car, driving. We're close to his house and I see someone run out the door with an empty beer bottle who's clearly drunk and trying to throw his bottle at the air.
"Who's that?"
My step-dad David. He drinks and hurts me.
I keep driving forward.
We're at my house now.
"Listen Noah," I say as we both get out the car. "If anything happens, call or text me."
He nods his head and we walk inside.
"Who's that?" Jenna says curiously.
"My friend from school. We have a project." I was lying. We walk up the stairs and I see my Mom.
"Who's that?"
"Mom, he's just a friend from school," but I realized that I should come clean to her. She's my Mom. Noah stayed in my room and I was talking to my Mom, explaining everything. How I like him, how he gets abused and cuts himself, him being mute, everything.
"You're gay?" She whispers quietly.
I nod my head with a sad face.
"Please don't tell Dad." She sighs and smiles at me.
"Honey, your father doesn't care about your sexuality. He just wants you to be happy." I shake my head so slowly that it's barely noticeable.
She walks back downstairs to make food.
I walk into room.
"Noah?" I can't find him, but I know he went in here.
"Oh, there you are," I smile at him.
He was at the end of the bed, right next to the door and I couldn't see him.
"Are you gonna talk?" I say, sitting on the bed right next to him.
Only if you stop cussing.
I chuckle.
"If you talk, I'll let you flick me in the head every time I cuss."
He nods his head.
"So?"
"I like your hair," he says in a whisper and it's so quiet, but it's so cute.
I smile.
"I like your hair too." He is so cute. We turn and face each other and we're staring into each other's eyes, leaning in slowly. He looks away. (#rejected)
I frown. I put my arm on his shoulders. He leans his head onto my chest.
"You want some food? My Mom's cooking." He looked at me and his face lit up. He nods his head.
We walk down the stairs into the kitchen.
"You boys hungry?" Mom asks and we both nod our head.
She smiles, handing us each a plate.
As we finish up our food, I hear someone's car in the driveway. It's Dad.
"Umm.. We're gonna go back to my room now Mom, thanks."
We're already in my room when Dad walked in the house downstairs.
"What's wrong?" Noah asks quietly.
I shake my head.
"Nothing," I say, but there's clearly something wrong.
He looks at me, then he hugs me.
"You wanna go out?"
He looks at me confused.
"O-Oh, I mean like a drive!"
He smiles, nodding his head.
We're driving to a park because I have no idea where else to go.
We sit on the swings, rocking ourselves back and forward.
After a couple hours of sitting on the swings and talking, we decide it's time to go home.
I drive to his house and he looks terrified.
"It's okay," I tell him. He smiles, but I can still see the fear in his eyes.
"Alright."
I called my Mom and told her I'd be staying at a friend's house over the night.
We walk out the car and knocked on the front door.
The person who answered was a chubby tall dude with messed up hair and he reeked of beer. The same guy from earlier.
"Hi, I'm Kai. Is it alright if I stay the night here with you guys and Noah? My house is way too far away and my Mom doesn't want me to drive when it's dark." That was a lie. My house isn't far from here, just a few blocks away.
He pauses, glaring at Noah, then he says "It's fine. Come in."
Noah guides me to his room, but when we get there, he breaks down in silent tears.
"What's wrong??" I ask him.
"Thank you," he mumbled quietly.
I smile at him, but then I look in his room. There's a broken mattress on the floor and no blankets, only a small sheet.
He swings his arms around me and gives me the biggest hug I've ever received, along with a small kiss on my cheek. I can feel myself blushing, but he's still hugging me, so he doesn't notice.
He looks up at me, meeting eyes again.
He moves his head up and kissed me, but it wasn't a small peck on the nose or cheek. It was a long kiss on the lips.
My nose began to flare and I felt really hot.
I pick him up and he wraps his legs around my waist.
"So.. Are we dating?" He asks me innocently.
I smile at him. "Yeah."
We take our shoes off and got in bed.
"Goodnight," he mumbles, already half asleep.
"Goodnight," I say, then I kiss him on the chin.

The Boy in the Black Hoodie [Complete]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara