Chapter 34

Kai's POV

I sped up the stairs and knocked on Jenna's door.
"Come in," she groaned.
"Jenna! Jenna, she's cheating!!"
"What?"
"Dad's girlfriend is cheating. "
"What!?"
"Come here!" We ran down the stairs. The light in Dad's room was off, but the window was open and we could see the outline of two people.
I dialed Dad's phone number. It rang for a couple seconds before he picked it up.
"One second," he mumbled to someone. "Yes?"
"Dad, she's cheating!"
"Hm?"
"Your girlfriend is cheating on you!!"
"I know."
"What??"
"Where do you think I've been all this time? At work?" He asked, then chuckled. I heard the voice of a woman, then another one.
"Hold on, it's my son," he said quietly.
"Wait, what!?"
"Don't you remember? Me and your Mom didn't get a divorce just because we didn't want to tear you and Jenna apart too. Remember all our arguments? You and Jenna aren't even my kids." Suddenly, the memories came flooding in like water. I began to breathe shakily.
I dropped my phone and went upstairs to my room. What am I even supposed to say?

Noah's POV

I went upstairs after Kai.
"What's wrong?" I asked and sat next to him. He shook his head.
"How did I forget??"
"What?"
"Noah.. My parents always argued. I don't know how I forgot about it." I rubbed his back and kissed his cheek.
"It's okay."
"Not even his kids?? What the hell?"
"Kai, don't worry about it.."
"But I need to worry about it Noah. He just said we're not even his kids!"
"It's only going to cause more trouble if you keep thinking about it and bringing it up."
"I know, but.. Why would he say that?"
"I don't know," I mumbled and hugged him. He sighed.
"It's okay Kai," I whispered and kissed his cheek again. We sat for a couple hours.
"Come on," I said.
"What?"
"I'm gonna take you somewhere."
"Can you drive?"
"We can walk." So we walked there. It was a small abandoned park. It was really pretty.
"Mason took me here when I was little," I said and brought him to a bench. I pulled out two packs of gold fish and gave him one.
We ate the gold fish, threw away the bags, and went home. Once we got inside, we heard moaning and immediately went to his room.
He buried his face in the pillow. I don't know if he was crying or not. I tapped his back.
"Kai? Are you okay?" He didn't say anything. I tried flipping him over and eventually did, but he kept the pillow over his face.
"It's okay. Please don't cry." I pulled the pillow off his face, then he turned back over.
"Please." I rubbed his back, then laid my head on him. He turned over again, then hugged me.
"Don't cry. Please don't. It's gonna be okay."
"Noah, it's not always okay."
"I know, but please just try to be happy."
"I can't be happy about this."
"Okay," I mumbled. "Just.. Don't cry, please." We stayed in the room and talked. He fell asleep, so I didn't move. His head was on my lap. I kissed his lips, but he woke up.
"Did I wake you up?? Sorry!"
"No, you didn't. It's fine." He sat up and kissed me.
"I love you," he said.
"I love you too." He hugged me, then went to the bathroom. Once he got out, he sat down.
"I'm gonna go do the dishes," I said.
"You want me to help you?"
"No, it's okay." I went downstairs and did the dishes. Knives.. I hid one in my pocket and went back upstairs.
"I'm gonna use the bathroom," I said. I went inside, locked the door, sat on the floor, and started cutting my wrists. Kai knocked on the door.
"Are you okay in there?"
"Yeah."
"What are you doing?" I paused and try to come up with something.
"Number 17." I heard him laugh and walk away. I sighed quietly and continued.
When I was finished I washed my arms and the knife and wrapped my arms up in bandages. I unlocked the door, hid my arms in my shirt, and went into the room.
"What are you doing now?"
"It's cold," I mumbled and looked for a coat in the closet with my arms still in my shirt. I pulled one out with my mouth and went on the bed and tried putting it on with no hands.
"You need help?"
"No." I was able to put the coat on without taking my arms out. When the coat was on, I stuck my arms through the sleeves.
"So," Kai said and sit next to me. He grabs my hands.
"You've been cutting again?"
"No," I mumbled and tried pulling my hands away.
"Noah, I'm not stupid," he muttered and pulled my sleeves up. He stared into my eyes.
"Why?" I looked down, but he grabbed my chin and lifted my head up.
"Noah. I thought you stopped."
"I'm sorry." My eyes teared up.
"You promised.." He said, then walked out. I cried hard and laid down, covering myself with a blanket.
About two hours later, the door opened and I heard Kai.
"Baby, I'm sorry," he whispered and closed the door. I crawled into the corner.
"Noah.. I'm really sorry.." He touched my shoulder.
"Leave me alone," I mumbled.
"Please Noah." He pulled me towards him and held me.
"I'm sorry.."
"Leave me alone." He sighed and let go.
"What can I do to make it up to you?" I shrugged my shoulders.
"You want me to sing? What?"
"I dunno.."
"Well, what do you like?"
"You," I mumbled.
"Okay, but what things do you like?"
"I dunno."
"I know you like something."
"No."
"Please Noah."
"I forgive you for whatever. It's fine. I'm fine. We're fine." He sighed.
"Okay.." We went to sleep a little while later.

Kai's POV

I still felt really guilty. I'd do anything I can to make it up to him. Noah was awake before me.
"Come on, we're gonna go."
"Where?"
"I can't tell you. Just get ready."
"Okay," he mumbled, then got some clothes and went into the bathroom. He took way too long in there.
"Noah?" I knocked on the door, then opened it.
"Noah!!" He was bloody and had cut marks all over. I picked him up and ran downstairs. I carried him to the car and drove him to the hospital.
A few hours later, the doctor came out with a sad look. Is he just barely alive again??
"I'm sorry for your loss."
"No!!" I screamed and tears came pouring out. I kept screaming. It felt like everything I loved had just been taken away from me.. And it's all my fault!!