Chapter 7

Kai's POV

We went to school the next day. The first four periods seemed to breeze by.
(Still not gonna talk about what happened at school while they were in the hospital)
I switched my second period class so I could be with him.
Each of our teachers were nice enough to move him next to me since I was the only one he was really comfortable around.
Fifth period. It's math class. Hell to some kids, but I personally like math. It's easy if you know what you're doing.
We had some stupid math project thing and the worst thing was we weren't in the same group. That pissed me off, especially since the three kids in my group were annoying as hell and the people in Noah's group bullied him.
I heard some laughing. I look up and see Noah running out the classroom.
I run after him.
His group was close to the door. Mine was on the far side of the room, so it took me a while to catch up to him.
I grab his hands from behind him and he tries pulling away, but can't.
I turn him so he faces towards me.
"Baby.. Baby, what's wrong?" I ask, trying to catch my breath.
I wipe his eyes, but his tears keep falling.
"You love me.. Right..?" He asks, choking on his tears.
"Yes Noah! Of course I love you!"
He shakes his head.
"No you don't!" He yells, trying to push me away, but I'm still holding his arms
"Let go!"
I pick him up and hold him tightly.
I kiss him and he tries pushing me away until he stops resisting and cries his little heart out. I pull away so I can talk.
"Baby, what did they say?"
No response. He clearly doesn't want to talk about it, so I set him down and wipe his eyes.
"I'm sorry.." He whispers.
"It's okay." I say. " Let's go back."
His breathing was still shaky and his eyes were red, but we walked back to class and I held his hand. We walk to the teacher.
"Can we just do a partner project?"
The teacher nods his head, the stands up.
"We'll be doing a partner project instead because of the incident that just happened," he glares at the boys who picked on Noah.
"The project is due next week. Who wants me to go over it again?"
Most kids raised their hands as me and Noah walked to our seats.
"Crybaby," I heard one of those jerks whisper to Noah.
I was sick of it. I was about to turn around and pin him on the ground to beat his ass, but Noah saw the look in my eyes and shook his head slowly.
"Sorry," I mumble.
After that happened, school went by pretty quick from then on.
My Mom drove us to school today, and she's at a high school reunion thing with her friends, so I have to walk home.
We were already halfway to my house when I realised something.
Dad!! Holy shit, does he know I'm gay!? How would I explain to him what happened!? I mean, Mom told me that the past week, Dad's been working double shifts, so he worked longer but..
"Shit, shit, shit!" Noah flicks my head three times.
I groan, ignoring him flicking my head.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"My Dad! I never told him I'm gay! How would I explain where I've been for eight months!?"
Suddenly, something pops into Noah's mind.
"We need to go to my house," he says.
"Why?"
"Because.. There's.. Something I need.."
"Fine, but I'm coming with you."
His house was about ten houses away from here, not a long walk.
When I knocked on the door, a drunk looking guy wearing boxers only answered.
"What?"
I think that's his brother. The Terri person he was talking about. He clearly didn't notice Noah behind me. Well, until now.
"What the fuck is that little bitch doing here?"
That gave me a headache.
Noah looks up at him with a frown.
He does something with his hands, I'm assuming sign language, and Terri scoffs.
"You don't need it anymore. You've got that asshole there." He points to me.
Noah rubs his hand over his chest in a circular motion. I learned a little bit of sigh language. That means "please."
Terri raises his eyebrows, then scowls at him.
"You've got one minute. Don't let Mom catch you. She's got another one."
Noah runs inside to his room.
I heard moaning from a room on the opposite side and clearly, Terri did too. He was still standing by the door when he sighed.
"How many parents do you have?" The question he asked confused me.
"Umm.. Two."
I know they have step-parents also, but he told me something.
"My mom's a whore. She cheated on my Dad which caused their divorce. Me and Noah have different dads. She cheated on his dad too. After they broke up, she remarried several times, cheating on each of them. Since David was arrested, she's had more then ten guys in her room every single night. It's disgusting. My room's right next to her's but I can't stand them moaning. It's so annoying."
I stayed quiet.
"What, you mute too?"
I shake my head.
"No. I'm just.. Thinking.."
"About?"
"Stuff."
Noah runs back outside, holding a picture frame. He walks down the porch and waits for me on the sidewalk. I look at him for a second before Terri talks again.
"That's his dad. He doesn't remember him, so he keeps a picture of him and our mom when they were happy. He just doesn't like people seeing it." He closes the door and I run down to Noah as we continue walking to my house.
"My legs hurt.." He mumbles. I take my backpack off and let him climb onto my back.
The doctors said that he lost a lot of weight from all the blood, but I didn't expect him to be this light.
He rests his head on my head. I was carrying both our backpacks. One in each hand.
His backpack looked pretty old and there were a couple rips and holes in it.
I want to buy him a new backpack.