Chapter 40

Noah's POV

I woke up in Kai's arms. It's Saturday.
"Good morning," he says and kissed my forehead.
"Morning," I mumbled, but it was too quiet for even myself to hear.
"Hm?" I shook my head. He set his hand on my cheek and rubbed small circles with his thumb.
"I love you."
"I love you too.." I don't even know if I spoke that time.
"What's wrong?" I felt him shaking my shoulders and as he spoke, his voice got louder and I heard fear in his voice.
"Noah!? What's wrong!?" Suddenly, I couldn't breathe. After a couple seconds, I could and I gasped for air.
Everything looked so bright.. Yet so dark..

Wake up! Said a strange voice I'd never heard.

What?

So, you finally decided to talk. Listen boy, you may have been able to escape death these last few times, but I will make sure you die.

Baby, what's wrong? That was Kai's voice. I tried to move, to do something to show that I was here, but couldn't find the strength to do anything.

Who's that? Your boyfriend? The one who keeps saving you? Well, I'll make sure he won't this time.

Please stop!

Stop what? Hurting your feelings? Go cry to your parents like you always do. Shame they never loved you. Nobody does.

Kai does..

Noah!!

So maybe he does, but he won't be able to save you now.

What are you talking about?

You know what I mean. All those foolish suicide attempts. You've never had a successful one, but I can help you now. If you'd just let me.. There we go. Now it's okay. Everything's going to be just fine.

"Stop it," I heard my voice echo.
"What?" Kai asked.

What did you do to me??

The real question is.. What did you do to yourself?

Nothing. I haven't cut myself in-

That's not what I fucking mean!! Sorry, I just.. Wait a second, is this supposed to be Jay??

Baby, you've gotta wake up. You're having a bad dream.

Tell him to shut up. Please.

What do you want?

You tell me what you want.

I want you to leave me alone. I want to be with Kai, not you. Stop!

I can't stop until you do. I'm you, you're me. Simple as that. That's me? I don't sound like that!

I've changed, I'm different! I'm not going to try to commit suicide anymore.

You've broken a lot of promises boy.

Only because I'm you. If you weren't here, I wouldn't be this way! I wouldn't have these problems!

Little did you know.. You ARE the problem!

"Wake up!" I opened my eyes quickly and breathed heavily. I felt a hand on my chest.
"What happened Noah??" I looked over at Kai. My face felt cool, like something was wet. Kai isn't crying or anything, he just looked worried.
I slowly lifted my hand and set it on my face, then raised it and saw a clear liquid. Why am I crying?
I heard Kai's voice echo, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. I couldn't hear anything now, just a quiet whisper, still not able to make out any words.
Am I dead? No, no! I can't be dead! Please!
Kai.. No, don't go. Wait. Where are you going? I grabbed his shoulder, but he didn't notice me. He's walking to Jenna's room.
What's he saying? I can't hear. Jenna looks sad now.. Am I dead..? I should go back to my body now.. I watched it lay on the bed. I sat down.
Kai walked in too, flooding tears. He held my body and called 911. A few minutes later, they arrived. Well, they checked my pulse and I was still breathing.
They took my body to the hospital and I was following behind. I had to run behind, but I didn't get tired. Kai's car was behind the ambulance too.
When they brought my body to the room, they started talking to Kai, who was barely crying now.
I can't tell what he's saying! I'm not good at lip reading, but I think he said comb. Comb of.. Coma! Oh, I'm in a coma? This didn't happen last time. Last time, I was asleep for what felt like a couple seconds, then woke up.
I went inside the room and sat on the bed next to my body. I wonder if I..
I moved over and laid down in the position my body was in. I sat back up. Yes! I turned around to make sure. My body isn't there anymore. I stood up and slowly walked to the door. I'm sleepy. I barely slept last night.
I turned the door handle, glancing at the bed one last time. When I opened it, the doctor wasn't there. Instead, it was just Kai. He was sitting in the chairs across the door with his hands over his face.
I walked to him and hugged him. He looked up, then almost squeezed me.
"What happened?" I asked.
"They said you were in a coma.. I thought you were dead Baby.."
"I need to tell you something when we get home." The doctor came and looked completely confused.
"Wasn't he in the bed?"
"He woke up." After a couple minutes of something, he let us go home.
"What did you want to talk about?" Kai asks while driving.
"Uhh.. So.. When I woke up, I couldn't talk.. Then someone else started talking. He said he was going to make sure I die.. He kept saying stuff. When I opened my eyes again, I think I was crying, but then I couldn't hear you. You won't believe what happened next." He glances over at me, then looks back at the road.
"Well, what happened?"
"I wasn't in my body. Does that make sense?"
"No," he chuckled. "But I believe you."
"Okay. You know.. Uhh.. Insidious! The kid goes out of his body?"
"Mhm."
"That's what I did! I just don't know how. When I laid back down where my body was in the hospital, I was in my body."
"That still doesn't make much sense, but I think I'm starting to understand." He holds my hand as we pull up to the sidewalk. We got out and went to the room.
"Was I crying?" I asked.
"Yeah. A little bit." He hugs me.
"But you're okay now. That's all that matters."
"That was really scary Kai.."
"Speaking of scary," he mutters. "I'm still gonna kill Kyle."
"It's okay. I almost had a heart attack, but it's okay." Kai laughs, then rubs my cheek. I took a nap at around 2 and started hearing the voice again.

Coward. Must you go and report everything to your boyfriend? Gay freak.

Leave me alone.. Please..

Why should I?

Because.. Just please.. Please!

Hey, wake up Baby.

Ugh. Please just tell him to shut up.

I can't. I'm sleeping. If you let me wake up, I'll tell him.

Okay.

Then, I woke up.
"Finally. I was trying to wake you up for like three minutes."
"Kai.. I heard the voice again.."
Liar!! My ears started ringing and I winced and covered them.
"What's wrong?" I could still hear Kai's voice, but it sounded muffled. Idiot. You disgusting, cowardly, idiotic, dirt bag, gay, freak, weirdo liar!!
"Stop," I whispered quietly.
"What's wrong Noah?" You should stop eating boy. You're going to get fat.