Chapter 29

Noah's POV

When we woke up, Kai said he needed to go to the store, but I decided to came along. We ate before we left.
"Can you get yogurt? The strawberry kind though," Kai says and we head in opposite directions.
I notice a girl, very familiar. I think of all the girls I've met before I realized who she was. Sabrina. Kai's ex.
"Oh, you. The mute boy. Kai's new boyfriend." She says, looking up from her phone.
"You know, Kai would be better off without you. I mean, you're worthless. I can't see why he likes you. Oh, that's right. He doesn't. He doesn't love you. He probably feels guilty since you're mute and you.. You.." she snickers. "You cut yourself!" She grabs my wrist tightly and pulls my sleeve up, then lets go.
She grabs my notebook and scribbles something that takes up four pages.
"Read it Mute boy."
The first page. My name's Noah. I don't talk or anything because I'm mute and nobody cares about me or a single thing I do.
Second page. I should go and kill myself since I'm dating someone who doesn't even fucking care about me.
Third page.. I really should kill myself. I already tried to who knows how many times. Maybe I should consider actually committing suicide. Kai really would be better off without me. I mean, he doesn't love me or anything. Nobody would care.
..Fourth page.. GO DIE!!  I began to breathe shakily. I felt a few tears roll down my face, but I wiped them, grabbed the yogurt and went to the checkout line where Kai was.
"What took you so long?"
"I just forgot what kind you said," I whispered and held a shaky fake smile over my face. He frowns.
"What happened?"
"N-Nothing.." He sighed.
"We'll talk in the car," he mumbled.
When we went outside, we both saw Sabrina's car. We got in Kai's car.
"So what happened?"
"Nothing. I'm fine," I said and tried to hold a fake smile, but I couldn't and I burst into tears.
"What happened?" He asks and wraps his arms around me.
"You can tell me anything Baby. You trust me, right?" I nod my head.
"I love you." I shook my head.
"She said you don't," I whispered and ran out the car.

Kai's POV

I got out the car, but by the time I got out, I already lost sight of him. I know what he's going to do.
I stomped to Sabrina's car and knocked on her window. She rolled it down.
"What did you say to him!?" She smirks.
"To who?"
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl." Her eyes widen and she opens her mouth and speaks shakily.
"I just said.. He was mute." I raise my eyebrows.
"And?"
"And.. That you.. That you don't love him.."
"And!?"
"And.. You'd be better.. Off.. Without him.."
"Is that all?"
"And that he should.. Go and.. K-Kill himself.."
"Oh my God, Sabrina! Are you fucking stupid!?" I ran to my car and drove all around town in search for Noah. I went to his house, my house, Kyle's house Jacob's house, Gabriel's house, almost everywhere until I saw a small figure standing in a field. I pulled over and ran out as fast as I could.
"Noah!?" I definitely know that's Noah. He turned and faced me, then started running away. He's pretty fast for his height, but I was able to catch up with him. I grabbed him and held him.
"Let go!" He yells, trying to push away.
"Baby, it's okay!"
"Let go of me!!" He was pouring tears and wouldn't let me hold him. I kissed him and he calmed down, still crying.
"It's okay Noah.. It's okay.."
"You don't love me," he whispered.
"Noah, I do love you. I tell you every day. I love you with all my heart." He shakes his head.
"She said you don't!"
"I know what she said.." I mumbled. He pulled the notebook from his coat pocket and showed me. I read it a few times, then I sighed.
"Sabrina.. She's got some issues Baby. Don't listen to her."
"She told me to kill myself," he muttered softly.
"I'll tell you something, but you can't tell anyone. Promise?" He nodded his head, then buried his head into my chest.
"Her parents died.. I was there when it happened. Sabrina was arguing with them and they killed themselves. She really changed. Not that she was a nice person or anything before that. She.. She started throwing random fits, talking to herself, and everytime I'd touch her shoulder to see if she was okay, she'd freak out and scream at me. That's part of the reason I broke up with her. She's just too clingy for me. Also, I'm a gay person, so.." He looked up at me.
"Do you love me?"
"Baby, what kind of question is that? Yes. I do love you. I tell you every day. I love you so much. I'll tell you a million times. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I l-" he laughs quietly and covers my mouth with his hand.
"Okay, okay. I get it," he mumbles and takes his hand off my face.
"My point is I do love you and like I said, anyone who says I don't is lying. I love you with all my heart. You mean the world to me." He frowns.
"I'm a jerk," he mumbles and pinches himself.
"No, no, no. You're not a jerk," I say and stop him. He looks up at me and I meet his gaze. He wraps his arms around my neck and kisses me.
He pulls away after what seems like hours, but is really only a few seconds. His arms fall back down to his side. He leans forward and his head touches my chest. I lower my arms to the middle of his back and I rub small circles.
"Let's go home Baby." We walked through the field and back into the car. I noticed he started biting himself.
"Woah, woah, woah. What are you biting yourself for?" I ask and move his arms away.
"Because I'm a big stinky jerk."
"Don't say that. You are not a jerk."
"Yes I am," he mumbles.
"No you're not. You're a nice person, not a jerk."
I pulled into the driveway and we got out. Dad hasn't been here for the past nine months. He got a new girlfriend three months after Mom passed, so I'm pretty pissed with him, but his car's here. So is her's.
Me and Jenna have never met her before.
We walked inside to find my Dad sitting really close to a girl who looked a few years older than me.
"That's my son, Kai, and his boyfriend," he says. She turns and faces me with a smile too big to be real.
She runs up to me.
"Hi there! I'm gonna be your new-"
"Sister, right? Gee, I always wanted a big sister," I muttered.
"Kai," my Dad says, but I ignored him and walked to my room and sat on the bed.
I've just met her and I can't stand her already. Her voice is way too high pitched. She's probably going to treat me like a baby judging by how she just talked to me.
Jenna and Noah walked in and closed the door. Noah sat next to me and Jenna sat on the chair.
"God, I hate her," she says. "She keeps calling me Jen-Jen. It's stupid."
"I've already got a headache from her. But how could he do that?"
"What?"
"How could he get a new girlfriend in three months?"
"Oh," she mumbled.
There was a knock on the door, then it opened. Dad stared at me for a few seconds, then walked in.
"How could you get a girlfriend after three months?"
"Because, I've moved on. You need to do that too."
"How could you say that? You expect me to be happy. 'Yay, I'm getting a new Mom. My first one was way better and had a normal voice, but that's fine because this new one gave me a headache as soon as I saw her'." He sighed.
"You need to move on."
"How could I move on? It's my Mom and now you expect me to be perfectly fine with someone who isn't even old enough to drink!"
"She's 22."
"And your 54!"
"Age is only a number."
"Jail's only a place," Jenna mumbled.
"Wait. You're saying that since age is only a number, a 1 year old can marry a 75 year old? Because that's basically what you just said." Dad looks at me and shakes his head.
"Don't start this."
"You know, incest is only a word. Why don't you go marry your sister?"
"Kai." I kept going on about words and going by the logic he was using.
"Kai, stop it."
"Why should I? You didn't stop at age, why should I stop talking?"
"Because she's pregnant with your new sister since you wanted one so bad." He gets up and leaves the room. I do not want another sister. After me and Jenna gagged a thousand times, we started talking.
"How are we gonna get rid of his girlfriend?" Jenna asked.
"Well, The Parent Trap had some reliable tricks."
"But we don't have divorced parents, we have a dead parents and we're not twins."
"That's not what I mean. Remember when they had that fight at the camp and they kept pranking each other?"
"Ooh! Yes!"
"Wouldn't that work? I'll go to the store to get some stuff."
"Okay," she says and me and Noah go downstairs.
"Kai-Kai," Dad's girlfriend says in her ridiculously stupid high voice. I ignored her and we got inside my car.
We started driving.
"What're you making?" I asked. He was doodling on his notebook.
"A cat. I'm naming it Bobby." I smiled. I turned back to face the road. We were in the right lane, but someone was driving towards us.
I tried to stop the car, but he was going too fast. I held Noah back with my arm.
"Noah!" I managed to scream before we crashed, then I passed out.