Chapter 16

Kai's POV

It's Saturday, the best day of the week. Noah's still sleeping, as usual, in my arms. Jenna bursts the door open.
"Get your asses up, we're going to a party," she says.
"Why?"
"Mom says I can't go unless you do," she mutters.
"Well, sorry, but I'm staying here with Noah." She frowns.
"I'm going to scream to the top of my lungs and give him a heart attack. Tell him I said sorry though," she says.
"This is peer pressure," I say sarcastically. She raises her eyebrows and crosses her arms.
"You really wanna go there?"
"Okay, fine. I'll come, but only if he wants to." She smiles widely, closing the door.
Ten minutes later, Noah wakes up.
"Mo-" I begin to say before he cuts me off.
"Morning. Ha, I beat you to it," he mumbles.
I smile, rubbing his back.
"Whatever you say. Oh, Jenna wants me to come to a party. Do you wanna come?"
He pauses, then nods his head.
A little while later, Jenna opens the door again.
"Did he say yes!?" She begs. I nod my head. She lets out a squeal, then leaves again.
At the party, Jenna practically teleported to her group of friends and they dashed inside the house.
When me and Noah got inside, I could barely breathe. I felt so claustrophobic and I wanted to leave, but I had to be here. I signed an invisible contract when I decided to go.
There were some kids completely naked in a corner having sex. There were some girls with barely any clothes on.
There was a group of kids playing Spin the Bottle, which was where Jenna was. I had to sit there and watch her so she didn't do anything bad. Me and Noah sat in the corner.
He leaned his head on my chest, sleeping. I was bored, and I started to zone out until I heard kids chanting my name.
"Kai, Kai!" I looked at Jenna with a confused expression and she smiles widely.
"What?" I mouth. She points to Noah, then to a closet.
Apparently, the rules for their version of the game was that if they're already in a relationship, it basically turns into a Seven Minutes in Heaven type thing.
Only this time, we we had to stay out of a closet, in front of everyone.
"We're not playing, we're just sitting here," I say, but one kids shrugs his shoulders.
"You have to," he says with a smirk on his face. I shake my head. Some kids groaned. They continued their game.
Noah wakes up.
"Hey Baby," I whisper. He lifts his head up to examine the area, then drops his head back down onto my chest.
"I love you," he mumbles.
"Love you too."
The party was pretty boring. Me and Noah sat in the corner the entire time, except for when we got food and used the bathroom.
After the party, we went home. Jenna went with some of her friends.
Noah was already asleep, so I carried him inside.
It was about 5 when we got home, but I didn't care. I'm tired as hell.
Noah opens his eyes.
"You're going to sleep?" He mumbles. I nod my head. He goes back to sleep.
We woke up pretty early since we went to bed early. It was almost 4.
"I'm bored," He says.
"Well, you want to go somewhere?" He smiles and nods his head.
We changed and went for a short drive. Noah leans over the seat to hug me.
"I love you," he says. I smile, hugging him back with one arm.
"I love you too."
Later, when we got to school, there were a few police cars and a huge crowd of kids.
"What's going on?" I asked Jacob. He shrugs his shoulders.
"I heard there's two dudes looking for someone here to kill," he says.
"Their step-son," a kid whispers, butting into our conversation like it was normal.
Noah whimpers, hugging me tightly.
"What's wrong?" I ask him as we walk away from the crowd.
"I have two step-dads who are trying to kill me," he whispers.
"I won't let them get you." We walk a bit closer to the giant crowd of people when the same police officer from when Noah was being "adopted" came up to us.
"We need to ask you boys a few questions," he says. Some other police officers pulled a handful of other kids.
He takes us to his car and we all stand outside of it.
"We haven't gathered much information about your step-fathers," he says, looking at Noah.
"On social media, there was a post that they'd shoot everyone in the school until they found you boys, so we need to take you to the police department for safety precautions. We don't know what they're planning to do or if it was just a threat, but this is dangerous."
He says a bit more before driving us to the police station.
I could tell from his face that he was worried. I grab his hand and he turns his head to face me.
When we got into the interrogation room that looked a lot bigger on TV, he started asking questions.
"Have you ever broken any valuables or precious items of theirs?"
We shake our heads.
"No? Ever falsely accused them of something terrible?"
We shake our heads.
After maybe ten more questions, my phone rings.
"Oh, sorry. It's my Mom." I step out the room.
"Hello?"
"Kai, where are you?? Did you skip? I just got a call saying you weren't there!"
After explaining, she calms down, then freaks out again. She hung up and I walked back into the room.
We were sent home and we had to stay there. No school for us until the end of next week. We've missed enough school as it is.
Mom's biting her lip looking extremely worried. Dad's pacing up and down the hall. Noah's still in the car.
Dad looks at me.
"Kai.. There's.. Something we need.. To tell you.." He stutter shakily.
Then, he tells me something I wish I'd never heard, but I knew this time would come..