Chapter 2

Noah's POV

I didn't think anyone would do this for me, but he just walked up to those guys and kicked their butts! It's good to know someone really cares.
He walks to me with sadness in his eyes. He gently grabs my chin and we meet eyes. He has really pretty blue eyes. They remind me of the ocean.

Kai's POV

We're staring into each other's eyes. His eyes are amber. I notice his cheeks get a little red and I smile.
As we walk to our next class, I notice he has a newly formed scar on the back of his head.
I hold his shoulder to stop him and rub my thumb gently on it. He winces. He turns around and looks at me.
"What happened?"
He shakes his head.
I raise an eyebrow in concern, but he just shakes his head as if it was nothing. I hold the back of his head but he winces again.
I turn him around and I move his hair around, uncovering multiple scars.
He turns back around again and looks at me sadly.
"What really happened?"
He pulls a notebook from his backpack.
My parents abuse me.
My eyes widen.
"Why didn't you tell anyone or call the police??" He frowns.
I just don't want to be sent into foster homes. Besides, I'll be fine.
I shake my head, cupping my hand and placing it gently on his soft cheeks. He blushes a bit looking away.
"Yo, Kai!"
I was scared. What if someone saw me? I look up, but it's fine. It's just Jay. Him and Michael are the only people who know I'm gay.
"Ooh, boyfriend so soon?" He says. He's also gay, so he'd try anything to flirt with a guy. I shake my head.
"We're friends."
He smiles at Noah with a wink, but Noah just stares. I could tell he was a bit creeped out. Jay walks away.
My hand is moving, but I'm not doing it! It moves up to his waist, but he turns around and looks at me.
"Shit, I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-I-"
He cups his hand over my mouth.
He drops his arm and gives me a big hug. I smile and hug him back.
He lets out a quiet sigh, squeezing me a bit tighter.
6th period. My opinion, worst period of the day. PE. It's horrible. I'm just glad I have PE with Noah.
After changing into my PE clothes, I walk into the gym and I remember that this time, we're swimming. It's a good thing I can swim. I just hope Noah can.
After our stretches, Coach Jenkins calls us to the swimming pool. I walk with Noah to the large swimming pool. He glances at his sleeves and I look down.
"What is it?" He looks up and shakes his head. I reach for his arm to make sure his arm's really okay, but he jerks it away.
I sigh. "Let's go."
As I help him into the pool, I notice a small trail of red water following him.
"Oh Noah, come here for a second."
He turns around and swims towards me, climbing out of the pool.
I notice his long-sleeved black shirt was dripping reddish water. I stare into his eyes. I could tell his heart was beating faster.
I quickly grabbed his arm and pulled his sleeves up. My heart sank.
"What happened? Are you okay?" There was blood on his arms. I didn't realize at first, but they were slit marks.
My face felt hot, but I knew I wasn't blushing. He looked at me with fear in his eyes. "I'm sorry," he mouthed.
I pulled his sleeve down and grabbed his hand, pulling him to the coach.
"What are you two doing?" Coach Jenkins asks with a scratchy voice.
I had to come up with a lie. Fast.
"He accidentally cut his arm pretty bad earlier and it's bleeding, so I'm gonna take him to the nurse." The coach nods his head and it's a signal to go.
As we walk to the nurse's office, he tugs on my arm.
"Thank you," he mouths.
I don't even know what to say or even do. I grab his hand again and walk, saying nothing.
I noticed he frowned a bit.
I sigh. "I'm sorry. It's just.. Why? Why would you do that?"
He began crying and ran into my arms for a hug. I looked at him, still not knowing what to say.
I wipe his tears away with my thumbs, but he keeps crying. I let him bury his head into my chest as he begins to shiver a bit. After a second of hugging, we walk to the nurse's office.
He wipes his tears away and stops crying, but his eyes were a little red from him crying.
Nurse Molly walks over to us.
"What happened?"
I look at Noah, then at Nurse Molly.
"I just need a couple of bandages" thank you."
She smiles and nods her head, handing me about five bandages.
We walk out of the nurse's office and I pull Noah's sleeve up.
There's about twelve cuts on his arm. The cuts weren't extremely big. Some were maybe an inch. There was one cut that was about five inches long. I stare into his eyes.
"Don't do that any more."
He frowns.
After bandaging his arm up, I pull his other sleeve up and there's burn marks and cuts all over his arm. We go to nurse Molly's office and I ask for a lot more bandages and carry him back to the bathroom.
We step into the handicapped stall. I don't want to seem like a pervert, but I pull his pants down. There's scrapes, bruises, cuts, scars, and burn marks all over his legs. My heart sank.
I begin to shake my head.
"You can't do that," I say quietly, but I repeat it multiple times and my voice gets louder and louder.
"You can't do that!" I was yelling at him and he started crying. My heart skipped a beat. I grab his head and pull it close to mine. He tries pushing away, but I won't let him.
I wrap my arms around him, holding him securely.
"You can't do that.." I whisper softly.