Chapter 27

Noah's POV

I woke up hearing quiet guitar strumming, but I was too tired to open my eyes. I heard some quiet singing, but I was still too sleepy to be able to make any words out of it.
The singing started getting louder, but not that loud. I opened my eyes slowly, blinked, and opened my eyes all the way.
My vision was a little blurry, but if I'm seeing correctly, Kai's sitting on the chair playing guitar and singing.
Wow, he actually sings really good, and I'm not saying that just because he's my boyfriend. He sang Death of a Bachelor by Panic! At the Disco. I like that song.
He finished the song and I felt like I could start crying. Nobody's ever sang to me before. I sat up.
"Did you like it?" I smiled and nodded my head.
"Good. I spent an hour trying to learn that song on guitar, so I had to wake up really early."
"I never knew you play guitar," I said and leaned over to kiss his cheek
"Well.. I play guitar. My Dad thought I should learn guitar and my Mom thought I should learn piano. Now, I have to play both."
"Cool!" He put the guitar away and then came back.
"Jenna thought I should play clarinet, drums, trumpet, all three saxophones, the tuba, and a trombone."
"Do you play those too!?"
"We both play drums and she plays clarinet, and I can play the trumpet, tenor saxophone, and I've been practicing the alto saxophone."
"I don't know what an alto or tenor saxophone is."
"They're the two smallest. We still have school today," He said and grabbed my hand. He pulled me up and we got changed.
We walked to school. I don't know why, but it was nice.
Jacob and Kyle are coming over here (At school). Kyle's holding a basketball, but he usually is. Jacob looks a bit upset, I don't know why.
We all sat down at a bench. Kai had his arm wrapped around my shoulders. They began talking and I zoned out again.
Imagine Santa was real.. If a kid who was bad asked for coal.. What would they get?
Well, what if a person killed their grandpa before he met the grandma. They couldn't be alive because the grandpa died. So who killed the grandpa?
If there are infinite stars in the universe, why isn't the night sky lit up and bright?
What if colorblind people aren't colorblind and not colorblind people actually are?
"Noah." I look up.
"Are you okay?" I nodded my head, then zoned out again. I guess I zone out a lot.

Kai's POV

Noah keeps zoning out and it's starting to worry me. Shit, I just remembered! Today's Noah's birthday!! It's Wednesday; a short day. I could do something for him. I'll call Jenna to take him out for a ride while I decorate the house.
I could probably get Jacob and Kyle in on it too. I tapped Noah's shoulder to make sure he was still zoned out, but I covered his ears to be safe. I turned towards Jacob and Kyle.
"Today's Noah's birthday and I wanna do something. You guys wanna help?"
"Sure."
"Uh.. I don't have anything to do, yeah."
I called Jenna and explained to them what we were going to do.
After school, Jenna came and picked Noah up to take him somewhere.
"Bye!" I called to him as they drove away. I could tell he had no idea what was happening.
I drove to a store and bought some stuff for the small party we were going to have and I went back. We continued to clean and decorate until Jenna's car pulled up to the sidewalk.

Noah's POV

"Noah, me and them are gonna go somewhere for a bit. Jenna's gonna take you home," Kai said. I got into her car and heard him yelling as we drove off.
"I'm not taking you home yet," Jenna said. "We're gonna go to the store." When we got to the store, Jenna kept texting someone on her phone, but I'm not a nosey person. I didn't bug her.
She said we were gonna go on a walk too so we could talk.
"You know, Kai cried every day when you were gone. I honestly don't think there was a day he didn't cry. He really loves you Noah. I don't like when you're gone because the house feels emptier and Kai's always depressed and crying. Sometimes when he wasn't crying or barely crying, he'd just stop, sit for a few minutes, and burst into tears. I couldn't stand it," she said.
"He didn't even come out of his room. Actually, he did. Maybe once a day, but he's got almost everything he needs in there. It's a bedroom, a bathroom, a mini fridge, I mean. You could live in there." (I'm making different paragraphs of Jenna talking because it seems like a lot. Noah isn't talking!)
"But when you came home, he was so happy. If you took a day when you were here and a day when you were gone and compared them.. I dunno. All I'm saying is that he really missed you Noah." He told me.
"Yeah.. Please don't go anymore. I can't stand seeing him like that." I didn't want to go in the first place. I can't promise you, but I'll try.
We... Well she continued to talk about her school.
"There's another girl named Jennifer. Wait, my full name's Jennifer, I'm just called Jenna. But she came to school yesterday wearing the weirdest clothes. I'm not even kidding."
"She was wearing a Sonic the Hedgehog hat, a Bubble Guppies t-shirt, SpongeBob shoes, and some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pants, but it wasn't like regular pants. She was wearing those kinds of Halloween pants that have the foamy stuff that make your arms and legs look weird." I smiled.
"The most confusing part is how nobody cared about it. Oh my God. Today, she looked like a stripper. You know what that is, right? A stripper?" I nod my head slowly.
"Ugh. She was wearing high heels, really short shorts, and she wasn't even wearing a shirt. And still, nobody seemed to notice. Not even the teachers. I swear, tomorrow, she's gonna come to school looking like Billy Porter's Giles Deacon outfit or something." I let out a quiet laugh.
"No, no, no. That's not even the worst part. The worst part is that she wears fake hair. She wears wigs, extensions, all that. So not only does she wear the crappiest outfits, but she's got crazy hair." She pulls out her phone and shows me a picture.
"My friend took it and sent it to me." It was a girl, I'm assuming Jennifer, who had a crazy afro and based on the outfit Jenna described, that picture was from yesterday.
"Look at this one though." She swipes it and shows me another hairstyle. I don't even know how to describe it. It just looks fake. Her hairs really low down to her ankles and her hair is rainbow.
She puts her phone back in her pocket. She talked for a few more minutes, then she got a notification and we went home.
She went inside before me since she cut through the grass, but I walked up the driveway and through the porch.
This is the best birthday I've had, even if I didn't celebrate it.