Chapter 28

Noah's POV

I opened the door. There were no lights on. Kinda creepy. I don't want to die today or else what I said about this being the best birthday would be stupid.
Besides, almost every scary movie has people going into dark places and getting killed. Like I said, I don't want to die today.
I flicked the light switch, turning the lights on. I didn't notice all the stuff around.
"Surprise!" Multiple people yelled and jumped up. I flinched, then smiled.
Kai walked towards me and grabbed my hand.
"Happy birthday Baby," he whispered and hugged me. I looked around to see who all was here.
It was Jenna, Kyle, Jacob, and obviously Kai. Thank you. I wrote on my notebook. Kai pulled me into the kitchen and sat me at the table, which had bags on it.
"Those are your presents sin-"
"Wait!" Jenna ran into the kitchen with two more bags.
"Okay. Those are your presents since nobody here knows how to wrap things." He gave me a bag. There were My Little Pony pajamas in it.
After I opened all thirteen bags, most were from Kai, I was brought into the living room.
"They didn't have any small cakes, so we had to get cupcakes," Jenna said and gave everyone one. We watched a movie called The Upside.
The short story is it's a quadriplegic, paralyzed guy, who's really rich and hires someone to be his "caretaker" or whatever it is. It's a good movie.
It's about 6:00, so they're gonna start dinner.
"What's your favorite food?" I don't have one. Aside from school food and what Kai's fed me, I haven't eaten anything else.
I can't really name anything right off the top of my head, but there's a lot of food that I've never had.
I don't know. Jenna, Kyle, and Jacob went back into the kitchen to cook something.
Kai walked up to me. He smiles and hugs me. I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"I love you," I whispered.
"I love you too."

"Food's ready!" Jenna yelled. We went into the kitchen.
I don't know what food it is, but it tastes good. Once we were all finished, I went to do the dishes.
"Noah, it's your birthday. You don't need to do the dishes," Kai said. I turned and looked at him, then walked to him and grabbed his hand.
"We're gonna go swimming, go change." I went upstairs, changed my clothes, and went back downstairs. I don't understand why we're going swimming at 7, but it's fine.
We all went outside and got in the pool. I was halfway in the pool. I couldn't help but notice Jacob keep glancing at Kai's bare chest. Weirdo.
It's okay for me to do that since we're dating, but he's staring at my boyfriend's bare chest. I should go over there and slap him. Slap him right across his ugly old face. I'm kidding. Partly.
"Noah, are you gonna get in all the way?" Kai asks. I nod my head and slowly go deeper into the water until my shoulders are wet. It's cold at first, but I started to get used to it.
Kai swam towards me and grabbed my hands.
"So, how was your birthday?" I held a thumbs up. He smiled and kissed my cheek.
"That's good." He swam away to play with Kyle and Jacob. Jenna swam towards me.
"You know, my friend likes Kai. She told me she wanted to marry him and have a baby with him," she whispered. I raised my eyebrows, which must've made her think that I didn't know how babies were made. Well I do.
"You see Noah.. When a guy likes a girl and she likes him back, they want to show each other their love. They take their clothes off, get in the bed, and have s-"
"Jenna! You're gonna traumatize him!!" Kai cut her off and smacked her head.
"They put their clothes back on and watch a movie," Kai said, hitting Jenna on the head again.
"Kai, he's 18 now. He needs to learn this."
"It's pointless if you're gay though," he muttered. She rolled her eyes and hit his head.
He turned around and they started fighting. I don't think it was serious. Just play fighting. They weren't trying to drown each other, but they did hit and punch each other, leaving quite a bit of red marks on their backs.
Kai was about to hit Jenna again, but I grabbed his hand. He glared at Jenna who smirks.
"Noah's got my back," she says and Kai smacks her head one more time. Jacob was practically staring at his chest now.

We were outside for a little while longer before it started getting dark and we had to come inside.
"I've gotta go," Jacob said and had one last glance at Kai's chest. I swear, this freaking creep. If he does this anymore, I'm gonna hug Kai so you can't see his chest.
Jacob and Kyle left. Jenna went to her room. Me and Kai went upstairs to our room and sat in bed.
"Thank you," I mumbled and wrapped my arms around his neck.
"You're welcome," he said and rubbed my back.
"Can you sing me another song?" He smiled and picked me up. He carried me downstairs to a room I've never been to before. There were instruments and stuff all around.
"This is where all the instruments are. My Dad plays some and my Mom did, but.. Anyway.." He brought us to where the piano was.
"Are You gonna sit or stand?" He asks. I sat down on the floor. He frowns, reaching for my hand. He pulls me up and sits me between his legs. I smiled. He began playing a few notes, then singing.
I instantly recognized the song. It's You Are the Reason by Calum Scott! That's probably my number 1 favorite song. Well, now it is.
I started crying. Not sad tears though. Once he finished the song, he sat me on his leg so we could see each other.
"What's wrong?" He asked and wiped my tears.
"Was I that bad?" I shook my head and hugged him.
"It was really good." I sniffled and wiped my face. He hugged me.
"Okay, let's go to bed now," he said and picked me up.
"Why are you carrying me?"
"So I can do this," he said and touched my butt.
"Weirdo," I mumbled. He chuckled and moved his hand back.
We took our clothes off, still wearing our boxers, and went to bed.