Chapter 26

2 weeks later

Sapphire POV
I woke up and I said "Ni."

He said "you aight?"

I said "it hurts."

He lifted up the blanket and he said "did your water break Saph?"

I said "no."

He got up and walked over to my side helping me up. He was very low now and I groaned in pain. He said "you ready to go?"

I said "baby I'm scared."

He said "imma call the doctor now but we are gon head over there. Remember he has the birthing suite, that's where lil man coming."

I groaned louder as I felt what was like a contraction. I said "owww Ni."

He helped me up and said "come on."

He grabbed the baby bag and helped me down the stairs. He grabbed the keys and he helped me into the car. He made sure the car seat was in there and we had everything since he wasn't going to be able to leave. When we got to the suite he helped me up. He had called and a nurse came out with a wheelchair.

When we got inside I cried as I felt another contraction. I said "owww."

They helped me onto the bed and Ni said "take some deep breaths ma."

I cried a little while trying to breathe. My doctor came in and said "my favs, aww Sapphire how are you doing?"

I cried lightly as I felt another contraction. He said "contractions look to be about 6 minutes apart."

I groaned and said "so how many inches dialated am I?"

Ni helped me lift my legs as our doctor checked. He said "give it about 10 minutes and it'll be time to push."

I nodded. He walked out and Ni gave me some ice chips. He said "you so beautiful baby."

I smiled and said "thank you," I groaned feeling a contraction.

I said "Braden you gotta come out papa."

Ni laughed lightly before kissing my forehead. 10 minutes later our doctor came back in and said "it's time to push Sapphire."

I said "okay."

Ni held my hand as I began to push. After 10 minutes he was out and was perfect. I started crying as they placed him on my chest. Ni said "look at my boy."

After they cleaned him up they made me push again to remove the placenta. After they made sure I was stable and ok before moving me to a different suite where we got situated. The doctor said we have 1-2 days overnight dependent on how he is adapting. Ni said "they needa bring me my son."

I laughed and they brought him in, the nurse said "here's Braden."

They had dressed him in a short sleeve onesie and blue pants with a hat and gloves. I said "hi mamas baby." She put him in my arms.

He wasn't really opening his eyes but he was laying down smiling. He said "can I hold my son pooh?"

I laughed and nodded. He sat on my bed and I placed him in his arms. I said "look at my babies."

He smiled and pecked my lips. He said "hey Braden. You all chubby, got ya mamas cheeks."

I laughed and was just sitting there in shock that I finally had my own baby. He started crying and Ni said "you think he's hungry?"

I said "check his diaper first."

He checked and he said "nah feed my baby."

I laughed and unhooked the buttons. He placed him in my arms and I helped him latch on. It felt weird at first but then began to feel natural.

Ni said "girl you so beautiful, sexy as hell."

I laughed and said "thank you babe."

I had my medium xtra long poetic justice braids back  with a side part. He said "he's hungry."

I said "yea he is."

He said "motherhood suits you. As I knew it would."

I said "thank you Ni."

He pecked my lips a few times. He said "when's he done don't forget to burp him."

I said "I know baby." When he finished I brought him up and burped him lightly. After I burped him I let Ni have him back to put him to sleep. Once he was sleep he put him back in the bed thing they gave for him.

The nurse came in with paperwork and I said "you got it Ni? I'm tired."

He said "yeah baby just sign where you go to real quick."

I signed in the areas for mom before going to sleep. When I woke up Ni's head was down sleep on my lap. Braden was sleeping in his bed still. I looked and their was food there. I ate it and when I finished Braden was crying. I was bouta get up but Ni jumped up. He picked him up and I said "lemme see him, he needs his diaper changed."

He passed him to me and handed me a diaper and wipes. I took off his diaper and wiped him before putting him in a new diaper. We got released a day later and Ni put him into his car seat before the nurse wheeled us out. When we got to the car he put him in the backseat and I got into the back with him. I said "hi mamas boy."

Braden started smiling while I pecked his forehead. He said "wow ditching me already."

I laughed and we got comfortable I strapped myself in and he began driving. Once we got home Ni picked his car seat up. I opened the door and we went into our room. I got into the shower immediately once out I put on a pad with some boyshort panties, a tank top and shorts. When I got into our room Ni laid with him on his chest. I said "aw baby. Y'all so cute stay there."

I took a picture of them before laying down. He said "he was bouta cry for you so I tried this and it worked."

I laughed and said "I'm glad you know what to do babe."

I got comfy next to him and started rubbing my baby's back.