"Pea," his name bubbles from your lips.

He groans, blinking up at you slowly. His eye is cut and his cheek is bruised, but otherwise he looks cosmetically okay. You're sure that there is internal bleeding or cracked ribs, but you don't care because he's still breathing and you still get to deliver your news.

"Baby, I'm so-"

You shake your head and grab his hand, unbeknownst to the battered knuckles that are covered in gauze. Tears spill over onto your cheeks and you kiss his wrist, gushing breaths as you try and calm yourself. You laugh thickly, toying with your lower lip, "You're okay?"

Sweet Pea nods and croaks out a sad, "Yeah, I'm fine."

That's all you need to stand to your feet and grab him by the hospital clothes, seething between your teeth, "You're lucky I don't kill you myself, Sweet Pea. I can't believe you! I told you to be somewhere!"

He raises his arms in defense, eyes wide as he listens to your tirade. The machines begin beeping quicker, signaling his heart rate increasing. Still, you continue berating him for his lateness and his injuries.

"I thought you were dead!" you poke your finger in his chest despite his wince. You purse your lips, "I waited outside the Wyrm for hours, Pea! I was worried sick about you!"

"I know, I know, I-I'm so-"

"And another thing-"

"Babe," Sweet Pea reaches out and grabs your wrist, grimacing at the contact. He looks you in the eyes, "I'm sorry."

You take a deep breath and tears surface to your eyes, and suddenly you really hate the journey your hormones are taking you on. Your shoulders shudder and you fall into the chair beside his bed, running your hands through your hair as a small sob shakes your chest.

Sweet Pea sits up in his bed and reaches out to you, his hand on your knee. He swallows thickly, "Baby, what's really wrong?"

"Baby," you echo, looking up at him through watery irises. You lick your lips and cover his hand with your own, remembering the package that's sitting by your feet. A whimper escapes your mouth and you reach down to pick up the box wrapped in celebratory paper.

"Did I forget..." Sweet Pea looks up at you quizzically. He takes the package from your hands and pauses before slipping his finger under the slit in the paper. "Did I forget something?"

"No," you shake your head as you try to contain your smile.

He chuckles, gnawing on his lip as he goes about ripping open the box. Underneath all the thorns and spikes, Sweets is just what his name suggests. You know a different side of him, one that appears after the jacket is slipped off his shoulders and you're in his arms.

The package is broken open and the confusion on Sweet Pea's face is priceless. You break into a grin, holding your hands over your face as he rifles through the items in the box, covered in tissue paper.

The first item is a green onesie with the words "new to the tribe" curled around a cartoonish giraffe. His brows knit together, creases appearing on his forehead as he runs his thumbs over the fabric. Sweet Pea darts his eyes at you for a fleeting second, recognition smoothing out his features.

He buries his hands deeper in the box, pulling out a small pair of black combat boots tiny enough to fit infant feet. Tears pool in his eyes and he looks up at you one final time before speaking, "What the hell is going on?"

"What the hell is going on is that I'm pregnant."

Sweet Pea's jaw drops, and you can't help but laugh at his facial expression. You rise out of your chair and he sits up in the bed and you come together in a hug. Your arms wrap around his shoulders and he buries his head into the crook of your neck. You hold one another tightly as you realize that your world has suddenly been changed forever.