20. Awake

I could feel myself crying and just stared blankly as color and shapes started to come back. But I couldn't feel anything emotionally wise.

It was cold.

Really cold.

It was to the point I could barely think.

But I know I have to. It's the only way I can know if I'm still alive.

It was numb and I could barely feel it, but there was a foggy pain. I couldn't tell where on my body it was coming from.

I struggled to keep my eyes open but everything was blurry and my head started to throb

How long am I going to stay like this?

Would anyone ever find me here?

I doubt Deku will tell anyone. He's probably celebrating that I'm gone right now. I sighed and closed my eyes before calling out.

"Help..."

My voice was soft and quiet, I wasn't even sure if it left my head.

Guess this is it then.

Guess this is how I die.

Cold and alone.

I gripped the grass beneath me and clenched my jaw.

No. I refuse.

I groaned as I rolled onto my side. I forced myself to open my eyes and grunted at the strain they were under. I squinted to try to focus the blurry images but it was no use.

Forcing myself to sit up, I leaned against the wall for support. I gripped my side as I panted softly from the pain. I looked up at the sky and bit my lip.

I need to get up.

I reached up and grabbed a windowsill. I whined at the pain that radiated from my shoulder and down my arm.

I started to pull myself up but fell again when I lost my grip. I shouted out from the pain and closed my eyes again.

God damnit, everything hurts!

I took a calming breath before trying again. I managed to get up this time and leaned against the wall for support. I used it to start walking, well, limping.

Everything hurt. My head was pounding and the corners of my vision was starting to go dark. I gripped my side when another wave of pain crashed over it, I probably broke a rib.

My ears had started to ring, blocking out any other sound. I looked up to see a car start to roll by and stop.

Something came out of it and I smiled at the red and white blurr.

"Todoroki..."

He didn't hear me. He couldn't have heard me.

I took a deep breath and focused the rest of my energy to my voice, "Todoroki!"

My vision faded out and I felt my hand slip against the wall as I started to fall.

Everything went black after that.

###

My entire body was stiff and sore. It was a struggle to open my eyes. I grunted and immediately closed them when I was met with a bright light.

There was a slight buzz in my fingertips and everything felt fuzzy.

I groaned when all feeling started to come back. My head was aching and starting to throb.

My throat was dry and it started to hurt as well.

It felt like I've slept all day, "What...?"

The ringing in my ears slowly died down as someone helped me sit up and handed me a cup.