13. Aftermath

It was quiet after I pulled the trigger. All I could hear were the faint pops from the burning wood. I clenched my jaw and pulled the trigger again.

CLICK

I felt hot tears slide down my cheeks and pulled the trigger again, hoping it would work this time.

CLICK

"Damnit..." I lowered the gun from my head and opened my eyes a bit at his sigh.

"Bakugou... give me the gun..."

I pulled away when he started to pull me into his chest, "Stop it!" I pointed the gun at him again and used my arm to wipe my eyes, "Why isn't it working...?"

He made me lower the gun and put his hand on my head, "You really thought I would let you point a loaded gun at me?"

I let him take the pistol and watched him set it back on the table. I choked slightly as I tried to force myself to stop crying, again. It made my throat feel tight, which made it harder to breathe, "You bastard..."

"I know..." he pulled me onto his lap more and wrapped his arms around my waist, and I let him.

It felt good to be held by him.

"Why are you holding me...?" 

"What else am I supposed to do? You just tried to kill yourself." He started rubbing my back.

I let out a shaky breath and closed my eyes, "I'm fine. I don't need your pity."

"It's not pity," he sighed and kept rubbing my back. "If you hate it so much than pull away."

He chuckled when I didn't move and laid down. "Let's go back to bed, ok? I have someone guarding the door so we're safe."

I opened my eyes slightly and sighed, "I'm not tired..."

"You're emotional. You should relax and calm down." 

I started at his chest quietly for a bit, "Why am I here?"

"I already told you-"

"Tell me why you've been looking for me." I spoke sternly, wanting to know the reason.

He sighed slightly, "To be honest. I thought you were cute as a kid. So I figured you'd be cute as an adult." 

I narrowed my eyes and looked at him to see him shrug then smirk softly, "Guess I was right." 

I felt my chest tighten slightly and pulled away when he went to touch my face. I sat up and looked down, "Please stop saying things like that. You don't have to pretend."

He sat up as well, "I'm not pretending. Katsuki, I-"

I grit my teeth, "I told you to stop calling me that."

He sighed again, clearly getting annoyed, "Fine. Bakugou, I don't know why you're reacting like this when everyone else would jump at the chance of the life I'm giving you."

He took my hands in his and lifted my chin slightly to make me look at him again. 

I pulled away from his touch and got up, "I'm not everyone. I was doing just fine without you."

I watched him get up, annoyance laced his voice, "Oh yeah? I bet you were doing just fine before I came in and saved you."

I clenched my hands into tight fists, "Then tell me. What exactly did you save me from?"

"Your scanner had a history of reports to the police. Or, my version of them. But every single report was ignored due to false accusations." He narrowed his eyes slightly and started getting closer, "There were a lot of them, a new one every week, for a year. You had a pretty shitty life, huh?"

I bit my lip slightly and kept stepping back, trying to keep a distance between us, "You don't know shit. I stopped trying to get help years ago."

"Oh, so you admit it. I did help you."

I froze when my back hit a wall, "No. You didn't help anything. No one did, I figured it out myself. So stop pretending you care!"

"For fucks sake. I'm not pretending!"

"Bull shit! Everyone else does! Why are you any different?!" I pushed him away when he got close and glared at him, "Shut up and let me leave already! I don't want to go through this shit again!"

He stumbled a bit when I pushed him. He narrowed his eyes as he listened. He cocked an eyebrow, "What are you talking about? What do you mean 'again'? 

I kept glaring at him and clenched my hands again, trying to calm myself down, "You saw the reports. You tell me." 

His nose scrunched up like he smelt something rotten. The confusion on his face was unmistakable, "I didn't read them."

I clicked my tongue and started going to the bathroom, "Forget it."

I gasped when he grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall, "We aren't done. What were the reports for?"

"Why would I tell you? You have no right to know about my life. So let go of me you bastard!" I started thrashing and pulling at my arm, trying to get out of his grasp. I winced when it tightened. 

"Answer. The question."

His voice was stern and as cold as his eyes were. 

I looked down to avoid his stare, "I'm not going to tell you..."

"And why not?"

I narrowed my eyes slightly, "Because I'm not allowed too. Now fuck off!" 

I pulled from his grasp and quickly went back to the bathroom.

"Bakugou!"

I opened the bathroom door and turned to see him fuming. My eyes widened at the sight.

I pushed it too far this time.

I quickly stepped into the bathroom and started to close the door. I pushed on it harder when he pushed on it to open it again.

"Damnit Bakugou, let me in!"

I closed my eyes tightly and leaned against the door, using my weight to help close it.

"Stop being a brat and let me in." 

"Go away." We fought over the door for a few more seconds before he rammed against it. I stumbled slightly at the force and caught myself on the counter. 

I looked back at him and tensed at his glare. He stood up straighter and fixed his shirt before coming closer. 

I felt around the counter and threw the first thing I felt. 

I threw a towel when he stepped out of the way of the bar of soap I threw. He ran his hand through his hair and let out a frustrated sigh, "You are such a problem child..."

"I-Im sorry..." I fell to the ground and brought my knees to my chest, "I'm sorry, ok? I'll shut up, I promise." 

I put my head down and covered it. My heart was pounding and I could hear the blood rushing in my ears. 

What was this? Why did it feel so familiar?

"I'll listen!" I closed my eyes tightly as the familiar promises came out on their own, "I'll be good! Please don't hit me again!"

He didn't respond and I tensed, ready for the blow.