8. Comfort

I sat on the bed quietly as I waited for my food. I watched him as he was typing away on a laptop at his desk and he had the TV playing the news in the background.

I looked over at the screen when he got up to answer the door.

My face showed up on the screen with a "missing person" report. Most likely from my mom.

"....ki"

I kept watching the news as they moved on from me. I wasn't that important anyways.

"....suki"

It was my fault. I never bothered to make connections with anyone. Why make friends when they could just get you killed?

"Katsuki."

I startled when my name was called and looked over in the direction it came from, "Y-Yes...?"

He was holding a tray and standing in front of the door. He motioned towards the tray in his hands, "You're food is here. Come eat."

"Oh." I got up and went up to him. I avoided his gaze and reached for the tray, "Thank you..."

I narrowed my eyes slightly when he pulled it away and sighed.

Does he not want me to eat after all?

"What did I say about eye contact?"

I swallowed hard and looked up at him, "Thank you for getting me food."

A small smile tugged at his lips but it looked more like a smirk. He patted my head and handed me the tray, "You're welcome. Dont eat on the bed."

I took the tray in my hands and nodded, "I won't."

I looked around the room for somewhere to eat and decided to set the tray on the coffee table. I looked over at him to find him back at his desk. I sat on the floor and started to eat. I looked at the TV again and watched as the reporters spewed out different reports of random events, filling in their time.

I took a bite of the curry and chewed slowly. I looked back at him again and swallowed, "Uhm... excuse me?"

No answer.

"Sir?"

No answer.

".... Your majesty?"

I gave up when he didn't react and continued to eat quietly. I muttered under my breath, "Bastard..."

"What?"

I tensed slightly and kept my back to him. I could tell he was looking at me by the way the back of my head burned.

He sighed slightly and started typing on his laptop again, "Such a brat..."

"Sorry..."

"It's fine. This time."

I sighed and continued eating in the silence. I didn't like it.

The silence was killing me. I stopped eating and picked at the bandages.

I got up and went to the bathroom quietly. I closed the door behind me and started looking through the cabinets again. I felt the itch start to come back when I couldn't find anything sharp, again.

I started to panic, not wanting the voice to come back as well. I jolted when he was suddenly behind me.

"You won't find anything. I cleared it out this morning." He had his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes narrowed.

I kept picking at the bandages and chewed on my lip. "Why...?

"Because I don't want you doing anything stupid."