12. Trigger

His words made me freeze. I tightened my grip on the gun slightly, "Wh-What...?"

He sighed and closed his eyes again, "If you are going to shoot me. Then shoot me."

I looked down slightly and looked back at him, "Why... Why aren't you stopping me..?"

He shrugged slightly but didn't respond verbally. 

My jaw clenched and I put my finger on the trigger, "You think I can't? Is that it? You think I'm too weak to end this?!" I started shouting, not meaning too.

He opened his eyes slightly again. He shook his head and spoke calmly, "I wasn't thinking that at all. You are perfectly capable of pulling the trigger."

"Why are you so calm about this?!" I gripped his shirt slightly, "Do you want to die?"

"Do you want me to die?" He cocked an eyebrow slightly and I froze again.

I didn't. I didn't want to hurt him. But I should be taking this chance, so why wasn't I?

He narrowed his eyes slightly and sat up, "If you want to shoot me, then hurry up and do it."

I leaned back a bit when he sat up. I looked around slightly, "I-Is this a trick? You're going to kill me regardless, aren't you?"

He shook his head, "If you shoot me, you can walk right out. No one will stop you from leaving."

I glanced at the door slightly and looked back at him, "Really...? I can go home...?"

He nodded slightly and leaned closer, "I want you to do what you want right now. Both options won't have any consequences. And they both have rewards."

I looked away slightly, "Whats... What's the reward if I decide not to?"

"I can't tell you that."

I growled slightly, "And why not?"

He narrowed his eyes, "Because I want you to do what you want. Without any persuasions or conflicts."

"You're... you're getting in my head! Stop it!" I felt my eyes start to water. I closed them to stop the tears from falling again. 

"Katsuki." I flinched at his tone. It was cold and stern, "Do what you want. I'm not persuading you to do anything. If you want to kill me, pull the trigger."

I let go of him and lowered the gun, "B-But I don't want to..." I ran my hand through my hair and looked down, "I don't know why. I should want to kill you, right? You're the one who caused all this..."

He sighed and touched my cheek gently, "Bakugou-"

I smacked his hand away, "Stop it. I want this to end. All of it." 

"What are you talk-"

I pushed him back down, cutting him off. I glared at him through teary eyes and pointed the gun at him again, "And the only way to end it is if someone dies."

He narrowed his eyes slightly and reached up to grab the gun, "You're emotional. Calm down." 

"No!" I growled slightly, "You said to do what I want and I won't have any consequences! So you're not allowed to take this from me until I made my decision!" 

He stopped reaching for it and nodded, "You're right. I did say that." He kept his eye on the gun but didn't reach for it anymore, "Continue to decide."

I kept the gun pointed at him and looked away, "I don't want to hurt you. I don't like hurting other people." I looked at him slightly. "If you get shot in the head, you won't feel anything, right?"

I felt him tense underneath me. He nodded slightly, "Yes. It's a quick death."

"And... what's the best way to do that...?" I gripped his shirt slightly as I asked. 

He narrowed his eyes slightly, "Temple or the forehead." 

I let out a shaky breath and nodded, "O-Ok. I... I won't hurt you. So, please, don't stop me."

He sighed slightly and nodded, "Alright. I won't."

I felt myself relax a little at the promise of not being interrupted. I nodded and sat up straighter, "Thank you, again... for saving me earlier..."

He nodded again, "As I said before, I won't let anything bad happen to you again."

I nodded and looked at him, "Can... Can you tell me why I'm here? I want to know before I can't ask anymore."

I blushed softly at his chuckle. It was soft, yet deep, "You have weird demands... You're here because I've been looking for you."

I felt my eyes widen slightly, "You... You've been looking for me..?"

He nodded again. "I told you, I'll be back for you. But when I came back, you were gone."

"Why do you want me? To tease me like this? To tournent me?"

He looked up at me, finally locking eyes with mine. They were soft and gentle. They had a bit of warmth to them as well. 

"Bakugou... I've been looking for you because I want you. I want you to have an easy life so you don't have to worry anymore..."

I didn't know how to respond. I felt tears start to fall. I didn't make a move to stop them again, "Was that a confession?"

He nodded slightly and put his hands on my waist. "I don't care what you do to me. I want you to live a life you want."

I looked down and wiped my eyes. I sniffled slightly and nodded. "O-Ok..." I looked at him and smiled softly, "Thank you, for caring for me."

He nodded and reached up to wipe the tears away, "Always... Now, are you going to pull the trigger, or put the gun down?"

I looked at the gun in my hand and shook my head, "I'm... I'm going to pull the trigger..."

He looked down slightly before nodding. He hummed slightly, "Very well then... I respect your decision."

"Can you promise me something first...?"

He looked at me but I didn't meet his eyes. I didn't think I could continue if I saw then again, "Can you protect my mom...? She's all I have left..."

He narrowed his eyes slightly, "How am I supposed to-" he stopped talking when I turned the gun around. 

I looked down as I put the barrel to my temple. I smiled softly, "Thank you. For everything."

"No. Katsuki, wait-"

I closed my eyes tightly and braced myself. I pulled the trigger before he could finish his sentence.

CLICK