6. Visitor

I woke up to a pounding in my head. I grunted and held my head as I rolled onto my back. I sat up slowly and massaged my temples.

"You're finally up."

I growled and mumbled a response, "Shut up..." 

There was silence for a moment. "Excuse me?" 

"I said to shut up. My head hurts..." I gasped when I was suddenly pinned back onto the bed. I looked up and locked eyes with his cold ones.

I growled slightly and started thrashing, "What the hell?! Get off of me!" I grunted when he shoved my head into the pillows. 

"You are so ungrateful. Do you even realise that?"

"What are you talking about?" My eyes widened when a sharp pain radiated through my arm when he tightened his grip on it.

"Do you remember now?"

I glared at him slightly and whined slightly when he pressed his thumb against the healing cuts, "Y-Yes! I remember! Stop!"

"Good," he loosened his grip on my arm, "Now, apologize for acting the way you did."

I let out a sigh of relief when he stopped abusing my cuts and glared at him again, "Like hell-" I cried out when he pressed against my arm again, harder than before. I looked away when I could feel my eyes water, "I-Im sorry..."

He grabbed my face roughly and made me look up at him again, "You make eye contact when you are speaking to someone. Do it again."

My jaw clenched and I blinked back hot tears from the pain. I looked him in the eyes and spoke clearly so he wouldn't get mad again, "I'm sorry for acting the way I did."

He sighed and let go of me before getting up, "Was that so hard?" 

I rolled onto my side and held my arm. I curled in myself as I struggled to keep the tears at bay. 

He sighed slightly and I felt his hand on my back. He patted it a few times before pulling away, "I'm leaving for a bit. I'll have some breakfast be brought up for you." 

I didn't respond, earning silence as a response. He opened and closed some drawers before leaving. 

I looked over my shoulder when I heard the door close and looked around the empty room. I laid back down and looked out the window. There was a slight tickle on my arm. The tickle turned to an itch and there was only one thing that would scratch it.

I forced myself to get up and stumbled slightly. He grabbed the nightstand to steady myself and growled when my arm throbbed in pain, "Bastard overdid it..." 

I opened the drawer to the nightstand and dug around. I narrowed my eyes when I couldn't find what I was looking for. I closed it and stumbled over to the desk. I looked through all the drawers, getting irritated at this point. I started to get dizzy and my stomach growled painfully. 

I held it as I leaned against the desk. How long has it been since I ate? I shook my head to clear it and went to the bathroom. I scratched at my arm and picked at my bandages, desperate to make the itch to go away. I looked through all the cabinets and drawers. I slammed them back shut when I couldn't find anything sharp. I started to stumble back to the room as my eyes started to burn again. My vision went black for a second and the pounding paused briefly. I reached out to stop myself from hitting the floor, wincing when I landed on my side. I laid there for a minute and felt tears start to fall. I kept scratching at my arm as I started to cry, my body ignoring all commands to stop.

The itch won't go away, and it wouldn't go away until I made it. I tried to wait it out once but it only got worse and I couldn't focus.

Do it.

I shook my head and gripped my arm tightly, "I don't want to..."

You'll feel better

"No I won't..." I held my head slightly when the voice started to get louder.

Do it.

Do it!

DO IT!

I jolted when there was a knock on the door. The voice and itch went away as well. Makes sense, it was only there when I was alone. I forced myself to sit up when there was another knock. I wiped my eyes with my sleeve, "The hell you want?" I hated the way my voice shook. 

The door opened and I forced myself to stand up.

"Boss said to bring food to his guest and-"

"Who fucking said you can come in?" I interrupted them and turned on the sink. I splashed cold water on my face and sighed, "Just go away..."

"Sorry. I'll just leave it here then."

I narrowed my eyes slightly when the voice sounded familiar. I dried off my face and hands and looked at my bandages, "I'm a guest....?"

"Hm? Did you say something?"

I sighed and set the towel down, "No. Hurry up and leave already." I pulled my sleeves down and used the wall for support. I went back into the room. My head was still pounding and my legs started to shake.

"Kachaan...?"

I froze slightly at the nick name. It's been years since I heard it. I looked over towards the voice and felt my chest tighten at the familiar face.

"Deku...?"

I looked at the suit he was in and at the gun holster on his hip. It made a bulge under his suit jacket, "You're... You're working for him...?"

He smiled a bit nervously and played with a green curl next to his ear, "Yeah... Isn't it great?"

I stepped back slightly and fell back again. I grunted at the impact and whined when my stomach growled again. 

"Ah- Kachaan." He picked up the food tray he brought in and went up to me. He offered his hand to help me up. I narrowed my eyes and hit it away, "I don't need your help." 

He closed his hand into a fist and brought it to his chest. He sighed and set the tray down in front of me. "Then at least eat. I know you're hungry..." 

I looked at him then at the food. I picked up a grape and put it in my mouth, "There. I ate. Now leave."

He shook his head and sat down, "I was told to make sure you eat all of it."

I clicked my tongue and looked away from him, "You're insane for working for a sociopath..."

He didn't respond, which was a first. I glanced at him and froze. His eyes were dark and narrowed. His tone made my blood run cold.

"He is not a sociopath."

I narrowed my eyes slightly. I forced a laugh and shook my head, "What? You have a thing for him or something?"

He blushed slightly and looked away.

My eyes widened slightly, "Are you serious...?"

"What did you expect me to say?" He glared at me slightly, "That I still love you?"