15. Memory Lane

I woke up to find myself alone, again. I sighed softly and sat up.

"Sorry. Did I wake you?"

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and looked over at him. He was dressed in a suit again with the jacket lazily hanging on his shoulders. 

He's leaving me, again.

I looked down at the blanket on me and wrapped it around my shoulders, "No. It's fine..."

He looked at me and narrowed his eyes slightly before nodding, "I'll be late again. I have a few things to take care of. I'll have someone bring you some food." 

I looked at him slightly and bit my lip slightly, "Who...?"

"Hm?" He looked over at me as he started to tie his tie.

"Who? Who's going to bring up the food...?" I brought my knees up to my chest slightly. I avoided eye contact as he watched me for a minute.

"Probably the same person from yesterday. Why?"

I tensed slightly, "Can... Can I come with you instead..?" 

He didn't even hesitate to tell me 'no'. I narrowed my eyes slightly, "Why not? It's not like I'm telling anyone. No one would even listen to me anyways..." 

"Because I don't want your attitude with me. Say the wrong thing, you'll start a fight. And trust me, you'll say the wrong thing." He fixed the cuffs of his shirt and pushed his hair out of his face.

I gripped the blanket slightly. I didn't want to be in the same room as him again, "Then... Can you have someone else come...?"

He paused and looked at me. I avoided his gaze, "Please...? The last one scared me..."

It wasn't a complete lie. He did scare me. 

He sighed softly and came up to me, "I'll have someone else bring you food... There's also someone outside the door. So just call out if you feel you're in danger." 

I nodded slowly and chewed on my lip, "Thanks..."

"Mhm..." he side-hugged me and pressed his lips to my temple, but it wasn't exactly a kiss.

He sighed softly and pulled away, "Bye."

I didn't respond and kept my head down. I heard the door closed and waited a few seconds, "Bipolar bastard..." 

I sighed and got up, keeping the blanket around my shoulders. I flinched when the floor was cold. I sighed slightly and sat back down.

Now that I think about it, I haven't had any shoes or socks since I got here. I mean, I was taken while I was still in pajamas, afterall.

I wrapped myself in the blanket and picked up the book from last night. I got comfortable and looked for where I left off last night.

The window was opened, which let in fresh air and the sounds of the city.

It was nice to not be in complete silence. 

I read with a soft smile, getting lost in the familiar feeling. 

"Kachaan~"

I jolted at the name and bit my lip. I slowly closed the book and took a calming breath. I didn't dare to look up, "What are you doing here...?" 

He hummed and closed the door. I tensed when I heard the lock click, "Just doing my job." I heard him set something down and then footsteps coming closer.

"Look at me." 

I bit harder on my lip at the order. I narrowed my eyes and looked away. I grunted when he grabbed my face and made me look at him.