17. Forget

I woke up to something cold and soft being pressed against my neck. I groaned softly and closed my eyes tighter and pulled the blanket on me more.

I whined slightly when the cold didn't go away and opened my eyes slightly, "Huh...?"

"Sit up. Let me ice the bruises."

I looked up to see Todoroki leaning over the back of the couch. He was holding a bag of ice wrapped in a towel against my neck and was holding another in his free hand.

I sighed slightly and sat up, keeping the blanket around my shoulders so I could hide my arms.

I flinched when the other bag was pressed to the opposite side of my neck.

"Your food is still on the tray. Why aren't you eating?"

I looked down and mumbled softly, "I fell asleep...."

He sighed slightly, "Alright. Let's get some food in you."

He had me hold the ice and got the tray. He picked it up and brought it over, setting it next to the half-eaten cake. He sat next to me and looked at me for a second. He narrowed his eyes slightly.

I flinched when he touched my cheek, "Why is it so red...?"

I pulled away from his touch and looked away, "It's just because I slept on it."

He settled for that answer, thankfully. He leaned back against the couch and sighed, "It's been a while since I finished up my work so quickly... I get to relax the rest of the day."

I didn't respond and looked at the tray of food. No doubt it was cold by now, but I wouldn't mind. I was starving.

"Are you not going to eat?"

I couldn't reach for it or else he would see my arms. I bit my lip and shook my head, "No thanks. I'm not hungry."

I flinched when my stomach growled and rubbed it to quiet it as I cursed under my breath.

He narrowed his eyes as he looked at me, "Want to try that again?"

I looked down and chewed on my lip. I tensed when he suddenly pulled me closer. I watched him pick up a piece of bread and held it for me.

I stared at it for a bit and looked up at him. I took a bite when he nodded and chewed slowly.

Yup. Cold and soggy.

But it was food.

"Are you cold?"

I nodded and took another bite of the bread.

He hummed and rubbed my side as I ate, "I'll start another fire when you're done."

"Thank you..."

He kept feeding me for a while and changed the ice packs once I was done. He started another fire as he promised.

He kept holding me close as he relaxed. He started a new book and I continued mine.

I have to admit. It was nice.

Of course he had to ruin it.

I winced when he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into his lap more. I felt myself blush when he put his head on my shoulder, "T... Todoroki...?"

He sighed slightly and pulled the blanket off of me as he held me in place.

I tensed and tugged at the blanket, trying to pull it back on. "What are you doing?"

"Stop it." He froze at his stern tone and brought my arms to my chest. He pulled the blanket away and let it fall to the floor.

I winced when he grabbed my arm and pulled it from my chest, "Were you going to tell me or was I supposed to pretend I didn't notice?"