10. Savior

BANG

Something warm splashed on my face and the grip on my throat loosened. I gasped and coughed as I struggled to breathe normally again. I choked when there was a sudden weight on top of me

"I got him!"

I groaned slightly and weakly pushed at whatever was on top of me. 

"Kats-Bakugou!" 

The weight was taken off and there was a loud thud. I was pulled into another source of warmth.

"Are you alright?" 

I pushed them away with a grunt and held my throat as I kept coughing. 

I flinched when I touched something wet and warm. I forced myself to open my eyes again and shielded them when the lights turned back on. 

"Sir. Generators are on but the power will be out for the night."

"Why are you just standing there? Go see if there are more!"

"Right!" 

I strained my eyes at the light and blinked a few times to focus my vision. I felt what my hand was in, trying to figure out what was spilled in the chaos.

"No. Wait, Bakugou! Don't look-"

My eyes focused and my chest tightened at what my hands were in. I fell back and tried to back away from it, "Wh-What the hell?!" I followed it to its source and my heart stopped. I screamed at the sight and got up quickly. Too quickly. 

I slipped in the blood and crashed back down to the floor. I winced and backed away from the body with blood flowing from a hole in his head. I screamed again when my arm was grabbed. 

"Hey! Hey... Look at me..." I panted heavily and watched as Todoroki kneeled in front of me, blocking them from my sight. 

"You're ok now. I shot him, he can't hurt you." He held my cheek gently and spoke softly. 

I pulled away from his touch and eyed the corpse again, "You... You killed him!? He's a human being!"

He grabbed my face and made me look at him again, "I did what I had to do! He was going to kill you!"

"No! He-... He..." I felt my eyes start to water and looked at him, "I-It hurt..."

His hold on me loosened and he pulled me closer, "I know... Come here..."

I gripped his shirt and leaned into his chest, marking him with bloody hand prints as a result. 

"Shh... You're safe now." He picked me up and kept my face in his neck so I didn't look at them again.

"Y-You left me..." I gripped onto his shirt more and struggled to keep the tears back.

"I'm sorry... But I'm here now..." 

He rubbed my back as we walked. Probably to a new room. "Let's get you cleaned up, ok?"

I sniffled and nodded quietly. My face started to get cold and it felt like something was dripping down it. 

I used the back of my hand to wipe my face. I looked at the blood on my hand and gulped, "It's everywhere..." I gripped my hand to make it stop shaking.

He sighed slightly and opened a door to a large room, "I know... I'll make sure it doesn't happen again." 

I nodded again and he set me down. I kept looking at my hands and watched as he started wiping them off 

"Look at you. You're covered in blood."

I looked up at him at the familiar words. I squinted slightly when my eyes started to water again.