16. Inferior

I looked up at him as best as I could. He was smiling softly and humming softly as he listened. 

I clenched my jaw and started trying to pull out his hold again, "Let. Go-"

He narrowed his eyes and sighed softly. He let go of me, causing me to fall back. I grunted when I hit the ground and looked back up at him.

He held the phone to his ear as he looked down at me, "Hm? Oh. Just ignore the noise." He smiled again and started loosening his tie, "I'm just doing work."

He pulled the phone away and set the phone down next to the food he brought in.

(Mitsuki)

"Oh? Am I interrupting?"

I froze at her voice. 

How long has it been since I heard it?

Deku laughed softly, "No. Not at all. I'm always happy to hear from you. You were saying?"

"If you insist... I was just calling to know if you've heard from Katsuki lately?"

Deku looked at me and smirked softly, "No. Im sorry, I can't say I have."

I flinched when he started coming closer. I turned around and started to get up, "Mo-"

There was a sudden weight on me and I was forced to the ground. He covered my mouth again and got a towel, "But I'm keeping an eye out for him. It's just been...difficult, since we broke up." 

I narrowed my eyes and bit down on his hand. He winced and shook it to relive the pain. He sighed and twisted the towel, "Will you just shut up already...?"

I let out a muffled shout as he gagged me with the towel and pulled it tightly around my head

"I know Izuku... It was cruel of him to walk out on you like that. With everything you dealt with too..."

What is she talking about?

I didn't walk out. I barely escaped this physco.

He pushed my face into the wooded floor as he sat on my back, keeping me pinned, "No. It's alright. I know a few people with commitment issues. I don't blame him for leaving." 

"Still..." She sighed softly from the other end of the line, "He was always making up stories. He seemed so desperate for attention." 

I stilled at what she said and narrowed my eyes. 

Is that really how she thought of me?

I stopped struggling to get back up and stared at the wall as I listened in.

Deku sighed from above me and started to play with my hair, "It's my fault for not giving him the attention he needed. You don't need to blame yourself like this."

"I know. But I can't help it. He was always a problem child. In fact, this is probably just one of those times."

"Hm? You mean you don't think he's actually missing?"

"Now that I've had time to think about it, no. He's probably just playing another one of his games."

I sighed and closed my eyes. There was no point in fighting him anymore. I could hear him smiling and he kept playing with my hair. 

It wasn't as comforting as when Todoroki did it. It felt more like he was declaring his power over me when he did it. 

"Hello?"