"Oh I see, you were bringing back times of the old days just to reopen and put salt into the wound. Thanks a lot Light."

Dr. Light realized his mistake and tried desperately to fix the slip up. "I'm so sorry Albert, I didn't mean to! I-"

"Why did you even bring that back up? Trying to shove your victories and glory in my face, brag how Thomas Light became a sensation to the world?"

"Heavens no! What would you think I would do that?" Light pushed his chair aside.

"Because you did! You got all the recognition, and I got expelled!" Wily growled. Roll had come into the room with a broom, but Dr. Light managed to stop her with a wave.

The good doctor sighed as he rubbed his forehead. "After all these years, and you still put the blame on me for what became of you. Albert, I know we did some foolish things, but I have changed. I have my children with me, they're a part of me and have changed me for the better. How can you blame me for something that was mostly your doing from back then?"

"Simple, because I can."

"Heavens sake, I am TRYING to give you a chance to redeem yourself for what you've done to not only my family, but also what you did to the city. How can I make you forgive me?" Light pleaded.

"You could've told that whack judge to spare my robots, I worked hard on them but once again my work goes to the dump, and yours gets spared and adored."

Dr. Light felt his heart grow heavy for his friend, who stared into his eyes intently. Then, an idea clicked and he hopefully smiled, much to the discomfort of Wily. "Uh Thomas?"

"Would you like to see what I'm working on?"

Wily blinked with uncertainty as he followed Light down to the lab. He wasn't even supposed to be down here, he'd rather not deal with the annoying girl robot. Scattered on the table were blueprints and lists for materials. "Are these..." Wily said under his breath.

"I've been working on some more robots, but I'm having some issues on developing their designs. Perhaps maybe...you could help me out old friend." Light smiled.

"You...you can't be serious Thomas. I'm on probation!"

"You don't have a license to create robot masters, and I'm going to build them. But I want you to help me with some modifications to their functions. These new robots will be doing more dirty work compared to my first line."

Wily was regaining his wide smile, rubbing his hands in anticipation and grabbing the first blueprint. "Will I get the credit for their creation?"

"Of course."

"What are we standing around for?! Bring me the pencils!"

Light chuckled as Wily eagerly looked at the blueprints. Each blueprint had a outline of the intended robot master's design, and he could admit their designs were a little different to the traditional robot master. He hoped his children wouldn't treat them differently because of the situation, and that Albert is assisting in their creation.

"Say Thomas, what should we call them if I'm giving credit as well?"

"I've been thinking of the name Wi-light." Wily gave the best what-the-heck face he could muster as Dr. Light laughed. "I know it sounds silly, but it was the best I could do."

"Right, but you better not spout that out loud in public."

"I promise Albert." Light started taking out boxes of materials needed while Wily edited the blueprints. They passed each other their screwdrivers as they looked at the sheets of unique metals. The two started small talk as the blueprints were scanned to the computer, the tension easing but not disappearing. It took Rock coming in for the doctors to realize it was nighttime. 

Wily called it a night, patted Light on the shoulder, and went past Rock to his room. Rock leaned over to his father in curiosity at the downloaded blueprints.

"Wi-light? Dr. Light, are you sure about this?" He said with wide eyes.

"I know Elecman and the others would disagree, but there is good in him. He's been upset over his robots Rock. I thought giving him motivation again would make him feel better."

"But letting him assist you in making the new robots? Our new siblings made with Dr. Wily's ideas combined with yours? It doesn't feel right. What if..." He looked at his feet ashamed, and Dr. Light leaned down to meet his gaze.

"Rock?"

"What if he tells them about the robots I had to fight and were sent to the dump? What if he makes them hate me because of something I had to do to protect you? I don't want our new family members to hate me dad. I don't want that to happen..."

Light hugged his son tightly, and Rock hugged his shoulder just as tight. They remained motionless until the robot's distressed core calmed down.

"It's okay, I'm not going to let that happen. I will watch over him and make sure they come into the world innocent and not manipulated. They will know you for who you are, not as the super fighting robot."

They both smiled as they turned off the lights. The door was left unlocked in case Bomb and Guts stayed out again. Rock checked each of the rooms to see if his siblings were asleep, and then headed toward his bunkbed.

As he went to sleep himself, Light hoped for the best in these next couple of weeks. For both Wily and his family.