Chapter 11

Han and Padmé piloted the Falcon into the planet of Takodana. Everyone stared out at the beautiful planet in front of them. They could see a castle up ahead, where they guessed that they were going to. Rey was the most taken aback by the beauty of Takodana, not even blinking once.

"I've never seen this much green in the whole galaxy," Rey spoke, but mostly to herself.

Han gave her a look of sympathy before looking back at the controls. Finn, however, gave her a suspicious glance. He didn't know whether or not to take her word for not seeing these kinds of planets before. But it was true. Rey had never been able to admire any greenery in her life. Being raised on a desert planet and spending most of her time on Starkiller Base or a Star Destroyer, she had never been able to enjoy the beauty of the galaxy.

They landed the ship near the castle and started to grab their things. Han gave Alinah a large blaster, which she was grateful for. The group then started to exit the ship, but Rey took a moment to admire the lake in front of her. She smiled at it as she started to feel something that she hadn't felt in a long time.

Happiness.

Before she had felt light, but now she felt happy. It felt strange, but good for some reason.

Rey quickly shook it out of her head as a frown formed on her face, replacing the smile. She was not going to let these feelings corrupt her anymore. She looked over at Finn, who was eyeing her suspiciously again. All she knew was that he was close to finding out the truth, which meant that she had to carry out her plan sooner than she thought.

She needed to somehow get BB-8 and herself alone so she could take the wayfinder and leave the others. But Rey wouldn't hurt the droid because he was just carrying the device. All she was going to do was take it from him. But she can't say the same for the others. She just knew that she would have to kill whoever stands in her way from her plan succeeding.

As she was looking out to the lake, Han came up to her. "You might need this," he said as he held out a small silver blaster to her.

Rey eyed it for a moment before giving the smuggler a look. "I think I can handle myself," she said to him.

"I know you do, that's why I'm giving it to you," Han said. "Take it."

Rey gave in and took the blaster, holding it up as if she was taking aim. "You know how to use one of those?" Han asked her.

"Yeah, you turn off the safety and you pull the trigger," Rey told him. That was it of the blaster knowledge she knew from watching some Stormtrooper training. But her preferred weapon was her lightsaber, so she didn't bother to learn much.

Han sighed and lowered her blaster. "Little bit more to it than that. You got a lot to learn," he said. "You got a name?"

"Rey," Rey replied.

"Rey," Han repeated with a small smile.

"Hey Dad!" Padmé called out to her father as she walked over to him. "Let's go to Maz now. We have no time to waste."

"She's right," Rey replied. "We need to hurry."

"Just a quick question," Alinah said as they started to walk to the castle. "Are there any sort of First Order spies or conspirators here? Because that castle looks like it would hold people like that or other gangs like the Guavian Death Gang and Kanjiklub."

"Well, the only one we can trust in there is Maz Kanata," Han told her. "She's been running this watering hole for over a thousand years and she is not a fan of the First Order, I can tell you that. She'll help you get your droid back to the Resistance by giving us a clean ship."