Chapter 49

The Resistance was not doing too well against the Sith Fleet. Poe led the ships in the skies, trying to take down the Star Destroyers, but they were too massive. It was only a few of them, but so much of the Final Order. Many of the pilots kept getting shot down by the TIE Fighters, making Poe lose hope. He didn't know how much more losses they could take in this battle.

"Snap! They're on your tail!" Poe warned his friend, seeing TIE Fighters chasing after Snap Wexley's X-Wing.

"Yeah I see them!" Snap replied, trying to get out of their sights, but it was no use.

Poe watched in horror at the TIE Fighters' laser bolts began hitting Snap's ship. "No, no, no, Snap!" He yelled. "Snap!"

It was too late. Snap screamed as the TIE Fighters shot down his X-Wing. Poe could do nothing but watch his friend's ship crash and explode. As he breathed heavily, he could hear the screams of the other pilots getting killed. He closed his eyes in despair, not bearing it anymore. They kept asking him what they should do, but Poe didn't know anymore.

"My friends..." Poe finally spoke up, defeated. "I'm sorry. I thought we had a shot. But there's just too many of them."

There was silence over the comms until a familiar voice came through. "But there are more of us, Poe," Lando Calrissian told him. "There are more of us."

Poe's eyes widened at those words and flew up to the sky. He watched in amazement as the Millennium Falcon arrived out of hyperspace, many other ships behind it. It was a massive army of ships from all over the galaxy, some models he didn't even recognize. Lando laughed in excitement when he arrived with the army, knowing that they had a chance again. He led the old Rebel ships and frigates, Naboo starfighters, Mandalore ships, Mon Calamari cruisers, The Home One, the Ghost, bomber ships, and so much more.

"Look at this..." Poe muttered, mostly to himself, as more ships came out of hyperspace. "Look at this!"

"Lando did it!" Rose exclaimed, looking up at the massive amount of ships. Jannah grinned when she saw them, along with the mutiny Stormtroopers.

Alinah got a quick glance of them while in a lock with Pryde. She smirked at him, knowing that his taunts against her would no longer work in his favor. She broke away from his spear and went on the offensive, striking at him. Pryde managed to block, but was beginning to falter a little.

"Where did you get all this fighter craft?" Pryde asked, not believing what was going on. "You have no navy."

"It's not a navy, Pryde," Alinah replied. "It's the people."

"Hit those underbelly cannons!" Poe ordered everyone in the skies. "Every one we knock out is a world saved!"

The ships all followed orders and began targeting the Star Destroyers. The Falcon went in first, taking out the cannon underneath one of the Star Destroyers. Lando and Chewie high fived as they did so, flying towards another so their gunner could get a clear shot at it.

"Nice flying, Lando!" The gunner, Wedge Antilles, commented as he took out a cannon.

A Y-Wing came flying in, doing some spins as it flew towards a cannon. It shot it down, flying past the explosion. Poe watched, impressed with the pilot skills this person showed. But when he heard a voice come in through the comms, his eyes widened.

"So long sky trash!" The person remarked.

"Who's that flyer?" Poe asked, a smile spreading across his face.

"Take a guess, spice runner!" The voice of Zorii Bliss replied, Babu Frik whooping in the background.

Poe laughed at her, relieved that she was alive and wasn't on Kijimi. "Zorii!" He exclaimed. "You made it!"