Chapter 38

The Resistance group ran as fast as they could, trying to avoid being seen by Stormtroopers. Poe then noticed some speeders as they ran. He led his friends over to them, deciding to grab two of them. He then went to work on some wires, Finn eyeing him as he did so.

"Now how do you know how to do that?" Finn asked, giving his friend a look.

"He knows how to lightspeed skip," Padmè pointed out. "So I'm not surprised that he knows how to hotwire speeders."

"Hopefully he doesn't set them on fire," Alinah joked as Poe got the speeders started.

"No need to worry," C-3PO said as he came over. "I made it."

Civilians nearby began to run towards them, so everyone knew that they had to hurry. Rey, Padmè, Chewie, BB-8, and R2-D2 went into one speeder while Finn, Poe, Alinah, and C-3PO went in another. They drove off, escaping from the village. Unfortunately, their actions didn't go unnoticed. Stormtroopers noticed them from the cliffs, reporting it in.

Rey looked behind her to see Stormtroopers chasing them on speeders. She quickly took out her blaster and shot at them, Chewie shooting them as well with his bowcaster. They managed to hit the speeders, but that only made things worse. The driver launched the trooper in the backseat, who began flying towards them with their jetpack. The second speeder did the same, so now the team had two Jet Troopers after them. BB-8 and R2-D2 beeped in alarm once this happened.

"Oh! They fly now!" C-3PO shouted.

Finn turned to look over at Poe, who was driving their speeder. "They fly now?!" He asked.

Poe looked behind him and then back in front of him. "They fly now!" He yelled.

Both Rey and Poe drove their speeders faster, avoiding laser fire from both the speeders and Jet Troopers. Explosions went off as they continued being chased. The two speeders split up, Rey continuing through the desert field as Poe went through a canyon.

"Did we lose them?!" Poe asked everyone in his speeder.

"Looks like it!" Finn replied.

"Ah, excellent job, sir!" C-3PO exclaimed.

As soon as this was said, a speeder appeared behind them and shot at them. Alinah and Finn quickly ignited their lightsabers, Finn now having a green lightsaber, and deflected the bolts. Poe groaned when he saw the speeder, driving faster.

"Terrible job, sir!" C-3PO yelled.

Meanwhile, Rey kept driving the speeder as fast as she could. Padmè had her new purple lightsaber ignited, deflecting as many bolts as she could. BB-8 beeped something to R2-D2, who beeped in excitement. BB-8 then beeped to Rey, trying to tell her something.

"Not now, BB-8!" She replied.

BB-8 and R2-D2 looked at each other, exchanging a few beeps. The two droids lifted up their mechanical arms and began stabbing at some containers. After a few pokes, the containers lifted up in the air, yellow smoke flying out. It hit the speeder behind them, blinding the driver for a few seconds. When the smoke cleared, he hit a rock and began flying in the air. Rey took that chance to shoot at the speeder, destroying it.

"Never underestimate a droid!" Rey exclaimed, smiling at the two astromechs.

Poe and his group were still being chased by the remaining speeder in the canyon. Finn and Alinah continued to deflect the bolts. That was when Finn came up with an idea. He grabbed onto a grappling hook that was on the speeder and used the Force to attach it to the wheel. It quickly grabbed onto the speeder's wheel, slowing it down and attaching it to their speeder.