Chapter 1

6 years later

Finn was in his quarters on the Resistance base on the planet D'Qar. He was practicing his lightsaber skills with a training remote. After he met Luke Skywalker on Ahch-To, he had become a Jedi Padawan and was slowly on his way to becoming a Jedi Knight. Overtime, Luke had convinced him to use his skills in the Resistance.

Finn was very hesitant at first when Luke suggested this. He didn't know if the Resistance would accept him because of his past history with the First Order. Luckily, General Leia Organa had welcomed him with open arms and he quickly became well known in the Resistance, considering how he knew the Force. 

The door in his quarters opened and in came Poe Dameron. He was the best pilot in the Resistance and well known for his skills in an X-Wing. He was one of the first people, besides Leia, who welcomed him into the Resistance. He was a bit worried that they were letting in a Stormtrooper, but he could tell that Finn wanted to make a difference in the galaxy. He was also the one who gave him the name he was using now, based off the FN in FN-2187.

"Hey buddy!" Poe greeted his friend. "The General wants us all in the main hold. She has a debriefing for us."

"Alright," Finn said as he shut off his lightsaber. "Is this another mission that she's going to assign to us?"

Poe shrugged in response. "Probably," he replied. "I actually have no idea what it could be about. But the First Order always makes the moves in this war, so we have to be ready at all costs."

The two men entered the main hold and gathered around the table that Leia was at. One of the maintenance workers, Rose Tico, waved them over to her. The pilot and the Jedi in training joined her at the table.

"I'm surprised she called everyone up here," Rose said. "It's very rare when maintenance gets called up for a strategy meeting."

"Maybe it isn't a strategy meeting at all?" Poe suggested. "This feels similar to when Finn first came into the Resistance."

That was when Finn noticed an unfamiliar girl standing next to Leia. She had her brown hair up in three buns and was wearing a dark shirt with dark pants and grey sashes around her outfit. She also had grey wraps on her arms and dark grey boots on. She was carrying a staff on her shoulder and had a blaster attached to her belt. The girl looked harmless, but she seemed a bit off-putting; Finn just couldn't tell why.

"We have a new member joining the Resistance today," General Leia announced. "She comes from Jakku and offered to help us out."

Leia the motioned for the girl to step forward. She did so and took a deep breath. "Hello there. I'm Kira Rhiaon," she introduced herself. "Like the General said, I'm a scavenger from Jakku. I stole an old ship to leave the planet and found a Resistance scout on a nearby planet when I crashed. I asked to join and now here I am."

The Resistance welcomed Kira and acted friendly towards her. Finn just kept staring at her in curiosity, wondering why there was something off about Kira. Poe noticed his buddy staring at her and, not knowing the exact reason for the staring, smirked at him.

"You think she's cute, don't you?" Poe asked him, nudging his shoulder.

Finn gave him a confused look. "What? No-" he said before Rose cut him off.

"She is very beautiful," Rose said. "Better hurry and get her, Finn, before I steal her from you."

Poe raised an eyebrow at the maintenance worker. "Rose, you're dating Tallie. Why would you go after a new girl that Finn wants to go after?" He asked her.

Rose held up her hands in surrender. "I was just teasing. Tallie and I are in a very serious relationship right now," she said. "Even though she is constantly on missions, at least I can get her ready for take off."