Chapter 32

Luke Skywalker removed his hood when he approached his sister. It had been a long time since he had seen her. She looked different, yet similar at the same time. But she seemed more broken than before. He knew that it was because of Ben and that he had left her. He would right that wrong today.

"Luke..." Leia whispered, surprised to see him.

Luke gave her a soft smile as he sat down in front of her. "I know what you're going to say," Leia told him, a small smirk on her face. "I changed my hair."

"It's nice that way," Luke replied, a small smile forming on his face. Then he sighed. "Leia... I'm sorry."

Leia shook her head at her brother. "I know. I know you are," She reassured him, causing for him to look down. "I'm just glad you're here... at the end."

Luke then made eye contact with her. "I came to face him, Leia," he told her, seeing a sad look form on her face. "And I can't save him."

"I held out hope for so long... Padmè too... but..." Leia said with a sigh, shaking her head. "I know my son is gone."

"No one is ever really gone," Luke told her.

Leia then looked down when she saw Luke move his hands. He held out something that she couldn't see at first. She held out her hand and he placed his on top of hers. Luke smiled at her and removed his hand. The golden dice that Han had in the cockpit of the Falcon was now in her hand. She gave Luke a knowing smile in response.

Luke then stood up and gently grabbed Leia's face. He gave her a loving kiss on her forehead, as if he was saying goodbye. He pulled away and began to walk out, Leia watching him go.

Luke walked over to C-3PO, who was surprised to see his master again. "Master Luke," he greeted with a slight bow. Luke winked at him and then walked out of the command center.

Poe, Finn, Alinah, and Rose all looked up when they saw the Jedi Master walk by. Alinah furrowed her eyebrows and walked up to Luke, confused. He looked different from when she last saw him. His hair and beard were shorter and looked less gray. He also wore more formal Jedi robes. She also saw that the lightsaber attached to his belt was the one she had. But it was attached to her belt as well.

"Luke...?" Alinah said hesitantly, causing for him to look at her. "What are you doing here?"

Luke walked closer to her and gave her a smile. "I'm here to make things right," he told her. He then took something off his neck and put it in her hand. Alinah looked and saw that it was a red Kyber crystal. She had seen it before on his neck when they were on Ahch-To.

"I love you, Alinah," Luke then said, making her look up at him again. "May the Force be with you."

Luke then turned away as the Resistance members watched him walk out of the hole in the door. He stepped out in front of the door, seeing the First Order troops ahead. The entire First Order was there, seeing Skywalker himself emerge from the base.

"STOP!" Kylo Ren ordered once he saw him. The AT-M6's stopped moving, as did his shuttle.

Luke walked out further, stopping after a few more steps. He stood tall and firm as he stared at the AT-M6's in front of him. He caught sight of the shuttle, sensing his nephew inside.

Kylo Ren stepped forward, as if he was making eye contact with his uncle below. "I want every gun we have to fire on that man," he ordered quietly, Hux giving him a surprised look. "Do it."

Luke sensed that the AT-M6's were preparing to fire. He didn't move from his spot, smirking to himself. The AT-M6's then began firing on him, causing for the red salt to explode in the air. More fire rained down on him, making him unnoticeable to both the First Order and the Resistance.