Chapter 25

Rey was at the edge of a cliff, practicing her lightsaber moves. She swung her double blades around a rock, pretending it was an enemy. She practiced her stances and her swings, trying to be prepared for the next time she would face Kylo Ren. Last time, she wasn't prepared and was thrown into a tree. It was luck that she was still able to beat him.

But with the Force, there was no such thing as luck.

As she was practicing, Finn arrived to where she was, seeing Rey swinging her blade around a rock. He smiled and pulled out his lightsaber from his belt. Rey didn't notice him walking up to her, so she was surprised when he swung his blue blade down at her. She managed to block him in time as she gave him a look.

"Finn, are you trying to kill me?" Rey asked him.

"Just helping you be prepared for surprise attacks," Finn replied with a smirk.

"By nearly killing me," Rey said with a chuckle. "Alright, let's duel."

Finn held up his blade as Rey flipped her lightsaber down to make it double bladed. The two then started to spar, swinging at and blocking one another. As they were dueling, Luke showed up on the stairs, looking down at them. He watched with interest as they continued to spar with one another.

Finn started to gain the upper hand, pushing Rey back with each swing of his saber. Rey managed to block his strikes, but kept stepping backwards. All of a sudden, Finn pressed his blade against Rey's and moved it around, causing for Rey to let go of her saber. But then, she reached out a hand and used the Force to pull Finn's saber to her. She grabbed it in the air and held it up to Finn's face.

"Nice move," Finn complemented. "I'll have to keep that in mind during our next sparring session."

Rey smiled at him and handed him his saber. "I practiced it a few times with the First Order," she told him. "You just have to be quick in order to disarm your opponent. If you're not fast enough, then you'll no longer have an arm."

"I also didn't sense any anger from you," Finn mentioned. "I can see you're getting the hang of controlling it."

Rey nodded at him, but then raised an eyebrow at him. "How could you tell?" She asked him.

Finn shrugged and smiled at her. "Your swings weren't as ferocious as they used to be," he said. "And I didn't sense you using it to your advantage. You're doing great and I'm proud of you."

Rey felt herself blushing at his words as she gave him a small smile. "Thanks Finn," she said, feeling grateful to have him by her side.

Finn smiled back at her and the two started leaning in closer. Their faces were so close to one another. Their eyes both started to close as they neared. But then, Rey used the Force to grab her saber and used it to cut the rock in front of them in half. The rock fell off the cliff and hit a cart that two caretakers were wheeling. As the rock landed in the water along with the cart, the caretakers looked up to see Rey with her saber. She quickly turned it off as Finn had to hold back a chuckle.

"Shush," Rey joked as she shoved his chest a bit.

Rey then looked up and saw Luke walking up the stairs. She furrowed her eyebrows at him. She then turned to Finn, who nodded at her. It was time for her and Alinah's second lesson.

She took a deep breath and followed the Jedi Master up the hills.

...

Alinah had joined them by the time they entered the room inside the island again. The sun was setting as she and Rey stood at the entrance as Luke walked inside. Both of them wondered what they would be learning this time. It didn't seem like it would be anything to do with meditating, so they were both curious.