Chapter 50

The Resistance landed back on Ajan Kloss, celebrating their success. The Final Order had been destroyed and peace was restored in the galaxy. There was still work to do, but for now, they could feel at ease with the Sith gone. Hugs were exchanged as well as pats on the back. Everyone was overjoyed that they had been able to keep the peace.

Alinah walked through the crowds of the fighters, watching them cheer. Kaydel came over to her and gave her a hug, Alinah hugging her back. Beaumont then gave her a pat on the back with a wide grin on his face. She walked by R2-D2, giving him a pat on his dome. He beeped at her as she laughed at the astromech.

Alinah then saw Rose up ahead, who was being lifted up by Chewie in a huge hug. She ran over to her friend once Chewie let her go and gave her a large hug. Rose was surprised by the embrace, but she hugged her back, smiling into her arms.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Alinah told her, squeezing her tight. "Why did you stay behind on the ship?"

"I wanted to make sure that my favorite Jedi stayed alive," Rose replied with a slight shrug and smirk. "I told you that I can't have you dying on me."

Alinah chuckled and let go of her, taking her hand into hers. Rose then leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek, making Alinah blush in response. They hugged again, not wanting to let go for a while.

Poe noticed Zorii through the crowd, the two of them stopping when they noticed each other. He nodded at her, a small smile on his face. Zorii nodded back, and Poe could tell that there was a smirk underneath her helmet. He raised an eyebrow at her, making a suggestive face jokingly. Zorii shook her head teasingly, making Poe nod, but smirk.

While Chewie was exchanging pats and hugs with the Resistance fighters, Maz Kanata came up to him. "Chewie!" She called out, gaining Chewie's attention. She took something out and handed it to him. "This is for you. Leia wanted you to have it."

Chewie took the object, seeing that it was a medal from the Yavin IV ceremony after they destroyed the Death Star. More specifically, it was the medal that Leia had given to Han. The Wookiee looked up at Maz, making a thankful moan. Maz smiled in response, happy that he had a memory of his three friends that had passed.

Poe turned around to see Alinah coming up to him. The two tightly embraced, smiling into one another's arms. When they pulled away, Poe patted Alinah's shoulder. Then he noticed the beskar spear that she had around her back. Poe looked around the crowd, trying to find someone.

"There's someone I want you to meet," Poe told his friend.

Alinah was confused, but followed Poe through the crowd. Her eyes widened when she saw who he was leading her to. It was a Mandalorian wearing armor made of pure beskar. There were also golden marks on the armor, signifying that he was someone important. In his arms was a small, green child with pointy ears and a curious expression in his eyes.

"Hey Djarin!" Poe greeted the Mandalorian, who turned to them. "This is my friend, Alinah. She's Skywalker's daughter. Alinah, this is Din Djarin, the ruler of Mandalore. I knew him when I was growing up."

Alinah gave Din Djarin a warm smile and a nod. "It's an honor to meet you," she told him.

Din nodded back at her. "Likewise," he replied. "I knew your father, and I'm sorry for your loss. Grogu, my son here, was being trained by him."

"He's a cute kid," Alinah said with a chuckle, waving at the child. Grogu smiled back at her and gave a slight wave back. Alinah then remembered the spear she was carrying, grabbing it and handing it to Din. "I know beskar is important to your culture, and an Allegiant General had this in his possession. I think a Mandalorian should keep it."