Chapter 20

On D'Qar, the Resistance was in the middle of a frantic evacuation. The First Order was most likely on their way to destroy them after they blew up Starkiller Base. They needed to get out and find a new remote planet they could stay on.

On the planet's surface, Kaydel Ko Connix was leading the evacuation. Many ships had already left, but they needed to load the last transport. Kaydel hoped that they would be able to make it in time. They needed to get the transports in the air as soon as possible.

"We're not clear yet!" Kaydel's colleague, Jones, told her. "There's still 30 pallets of cannon shells in the C bunker!"

"Forget the ammunition, there's no time!" Kaydel ordered. "Just get everyone on the transport!"

She then heard a noise from above the surface. "Oh no," she muttered as she looked up. Above them were Resurgent class Star Destroyers and with them, the Finalizer.

...

Inside the Finalizer, a captain saw one of the Resistance ships, the Raddus, outside. He watched it for a few moments. Then he walked up to General Hux.

"We've caught them in the middle of their evacuation," the captain informed him.

Hux smirked at this information. "I have my orders from Supreme Leader Snoke himself. This is where we snuff out the Resistance once and for all," he said. "Tell Captain Canady to prime his dreadnought. Incinerate their base, destroy their transports, and obliterate their fleet."

The dreadnought then appeared from hyperspace, looming over D'Qar. The two large cannons underneath the ship were lowered, beginning to take aim. Hux was smirking over this, happy that they would be able to wipe out the Resistance.

"General, Resistance ship approaching," an officer informed Hux. "Launching shields in attack mode."

Hux furrowed his eyebrows. "A single light fighter?" He questioned.

...

It was Poe Dameron in his X-Wing, BB-8 in his tailseat. They flew towards the Star Destroyers, ready to face them. BB-8 was worried, telling Poe that he had a bad feeling about what was going to happen. Poe shook his head at his droid, thinking that he was just too worried.

"Happy beeps here, buddy, happy beeps," Poe said in a reassuring tone. "We've pulled crazier stunts than this."

"Just for the record, Commander Dameron," Leia said over the intercom from the command center in the Raddus. "I'm with the droid on this one."

"Thank you for your support, General," Poe replied, sarcastically. "Happy beeps."

Poe then flicked a switch and started to speak. "Attention! This is Commander Poe Dameron of the Republic Fleet!" He said into his comlink. "I have an urgent communique for General Hux."

...

Inside the Finalizer, Hux smirked at Poe's words. "This is General Hux of the First Order. The Republic is no more. Your fleet are rebel scum and war criminals. Tell your precious princess there will be no terms. There will be no surrender!"

There was a few moments of silence before Poe finally replied. "Hi, I'm holding for General Hux?" He spoke.

Hux was confused by those words, but it didn't falter him. "This is Hux. You and your friends are doomed! We will wipe your filth from the galaxy."

Once again, a few moments of silence before Poe said "Okay, I'll hold."

Hux was even more confused. "Hello?"

"Hello? Yup I'm still here."

"Can... can he hear me?" Hux asked one of his officers, receiving a nod from him.