Chapter 23

Kylo Ren was sitting in his quarters, getting his scar checked out. He sat there, thinking about what he had done to his mother. He couldn't feel her presence in the Force after what happened. He couldn't bear to think about it anymore.

He killed both of his parents.

And now he would have to kill Padmè

...

On Ahch-To, Padmè was just waking up early in the morning. She looked around and saw that Rey, Finn, and Alinah were still asleep. She could barely sleep because she kept thinking about what happened to her father. She had also sensed something happen to her mother, but didn't want to think about it.

There was something else she could sense.

Someone else was there.

...

Kylo Ren also felt a presence close by him. He looked around and saw someone in front of him. It wasn't any of his men or Snoke. It was a girl wearing a red dress and sitting on a bench.

It was Padmè.

...

Padmè's eyes widened when she saw him. He was sitting on one of the rock slabs in the hut. He was staring at her, not wearing his mask and had a scar on his face. Her breath stopped when she saw him.

It was Kylo Ren.

Without thinking, she used the Force to summon Rey's blaster to her. Padmè pulled the trigger and a shot rang out.

Kylo Ren jumped back and looked down at his stomach. No sign of injury. He looked up at Padmè, who looked shocked by her own actions. She quickly ran out of the hut as he ran out of the room, trying to understand what was happening. Kylo Ren stood in the hallway of his ship as Padmè stood outside the hut. They both stared at each other, not knowing what was happening.

"You will bring Luke Skywalker and Rey to me," Kylo Ren commanded as he lifted a hand, trying to see where she was. Padmè stood there, glaring at him. "You couldn't be doing this. The effort would kill you."

"I'm not doing anything," Padmè said, still with a glare on her face. "Can you see my surroundings?"

"I can't see yours," Kylo Ren replied. "Just you. So no, this is something else."

"What happened to Mom?" Padmè asked, changing the subject. "I felt something happen. What happened to her?"

"Padmè?"

Kylo Ren refused to answer her after he heard the voice behind her. Instead, he disappeared from sight. Padmè furrowed her eyebrows as she couldn't see her brother anymore. She turned around and saw Rey, Finn, and Alinah behind her, all three of them looking confused.

"What happened?" Rey asked her. "Why did you fire my blaster?"

Padmè quickly tried to think of an excuse. She couldn't tell them about her brother being there. It would be hard to explain anyway. "Sorry," she apologized. "I thought I saw something and I freaked out. It was just my paranoia though."

The three of them exchanged glances, not sure if they would buy her story. Luke then showed up and saw the four of them outside. He then saw the caretakers by the hut they were in, fixing the hole in the hut.

"What's that about?" Luke asked, pointing at the hole.

"It was me, Uncle Luke," Padmè said. "I accidentally fired a blaster."

Luke nodded at her and looked over at Rey and Alinah. "Let's get started," he told them.

The two girls started to follow Luke up the island. Finn looked at Rey, giving her an encouraging look. Rey smiled at him and continued following the Jedi Master. Finn then looked over at Padmè, who looked distressed about something. He didn't know what could be up with her. It concerned him due to Han Solo's death and he knew that it was taking effect on her.