Chapter 7

Rey, Finn, Alinah, and BB-8 ran as fast as they could through Niima Outpost. The Stormtroopers chased after them, wanting to get the droid and what was inside him. They also were ordered to kill Finn and Alinah and then bring in Rey to Kylo Ren. They had no idea why one of their leaders was running from them.

The group ended up ducking into a tent to catch their breath. Rey removed her hand from Finn's and went to BB-8. "I have an idea," she said as she knelt down next to him. "BB-8, give me the device."

"What?!" Both Finn and Alinah said with BB-8 making alarmed beeps.

"Trust me," Rey said. "They think that the device is with BB-8. If I'm carrying it, they'll think we've lost it just in case they capture us."

Alinah, knowing that she was planning something, stepped forward. "No!" She said. "If this droid is carrying something important to stop the First Order, then we have to protect it. You could drop it when running or it gets destroyed when we get shot at. BB-8 is the best protection we have with the device!"

Before Rey could say anything back, Finn shushed the two girls. Everyone was silent as they heard something in the distance. All four of them knew exactly what it was. The Stormtroopers had called in the TIE Fighters and they were coming to shoot them down.

Finn grabbed Rey's hand once more and pulled her up. "Stop taking my hand!" She yelled as the group ran out of the tent. They looked up and saw a TIE Fighter coming in close behind them, which only made them run faster. The fighter shot at them, sending for the tent go blow up and it caused for the four to fly away from the explosion.

Rey looked up and saw that there were more TIE Fighters coming in from the sky. She looked over and saw Alinah and BB-8 trying to wake up an unconscious Finn. She crawled over to them and starting to shake the Padawan in order to wake him up. His eyes opened and he slowly sat up, Rey helping him along the way.

"You okay?" Finn asked her, which made her pause for a moment.

Rey had never been asked that before. Not even by anyone in the First Order. She ended up nodding at him and offered her hand. "Follow me!"

She pulled Finn up and they started running, Alinah and BB-8 close behind them. They ran away from all of the blaster fire being sent their way and from the TIE Fighters. They ran out of the outpost as Rey saw a ship that they could take.

"We can't outrun them!" Alinah yelled, looking behind her to see more TIE Fighters coming in.

"We might!" Rey yelled back, pointing ahead of her. "In that Quadjumper!"

"We need a pilot!" Finn yelled as well.

"I can fly ships!" Rey shouted.

"Me too!" Alinah added.

Finn nodded and then looked around him some more, noticing another ship. "Hey! What about that ship?" He shouted, pointing to his right.

Rey looked at the ship in disgust and shook her head. "That one's garbage!" She yelled.

As they neared the Quadjumper, TIE Fighters flew it. They shot the Quadjumper, causing for it to explode right in front of the group. Realizing that the ship they wanted was now in pieces, Rey sighed and nodded.

"The garbage will do!" She said.

The four then turned around and ran to the other ship that Finn had pointed out. A small, YT Correlian fighter that looked worn down over the years. Rey has recognized it because she worked on the ship when Unkar had brought it in one day. Unfortunately, she never actually flew the ship before, so she wasn't sure if she could fly it.