Chapter 42

The two Stormtroopers told them where Chewie was being held. After receiving this information, Poe stunned the both of them, knocking them both out. A storage closet was nearby, so the group put their bodies in there. Finn and Alinah then stripped them of their armor, putting it on. Neither of them had been in Stormtrooper armor in a while, yet it felt like it had been centuries since they did.

"You guys comfortable with the armor?" Rey asked them. "Padmè and I can wear it instead if you're uncomfortable."

Finn shook his head. "It's not a problem," he reassured her. "It's just an undercover disguise."

"And there's no one here to shame us for disobeying an order," Alinah added as she put on the last piece of the armor. "And it's only for a little bit."

Padmè nodded at them. "Alright, Rey and I will go get Chewie's belongings and that dagger," she said, grabbing some binders from one of the Stormtrooper's pockets and throwing them at Poe. "Poe, cuff yourself already. We don't have a lot of time."

Poe rolled his eyes at her. "I should be the one ordering you around. I'm the older one here," he commented.

Padmè snorted at that remark. "Yet you still act like a child who was upset when he learned he couldn't learn the ways of the Force," she countered.

"Alright, alright, we get that you two knew each other when you were kids, but we have a friend to save," Alinah said. "Hurry up, Poe."

"I'm already cuffed!" Poe said, holding up his arms to show the binders on him.

Rey nodded at everyone. "Let's go," she said. "And let's not get caught. We meet back at the hangar when we're done."

Alinah, Finn, and Poe left the closet first, Alinah and Finn dragging Poe with them. It was easy for them to act like regular Stormtroopers with the armor on. Alinah remembered the last time she wore it; when she rescued Poe from the exact same Star Destroyer they were on now. She smiled to herself as she thought of the day that changed her life. But now, she was using the armor against the First Order in order to save another friend.

The three of them made it to the cell block. Officers gave them nods as they passed by, Finn and Alinah being forced to give salutes back. Both of them knew that they had to pay attention whenever a superior addressed them. Underneath the helmets, both of them were scowling at the officers.

"This is it," Finn said, seeing Chewie's cell. He pressed the button to open the cell, seeing their friend up against a restraint chair. Chewie roared in confusion when he saw Poe in cuffs, wondering what was going on.

"Chewie!" Alinah called out, taking off her helmet, Finn doing the same. "It's us!"

Chewie roared in relief as they ran up to him. "Of course we came for you, Chewie," Poe said with a smile while Alinah and Finn got the Wookiee out of the chair.

Finn then held up some more binders. "Sorry, Chewie, but this is how we have to get you out of here," he said. Chewie groaned, but let him put the cuffs on. Then Chewie asked a question, Finn nodding in response. "Yeah, Rey and Padmè are here. They're getting the dagger."

Just then, an alarm started blaring. Finn, Poe, and Alinah exchanged nervous looks, realizing that Ochi's ship must've been found in the hangar. Finn and Alinah quickly put their helmets back on and led Poe and Chewie out of the cell. They moved quicker than before, hoping that they wouldn't be noticed by anyone.

"Troopers!" An officer called out, making them freeze in place. They turned around, seeing Allegiant General Pryde behind them. Alinah narrowed her eyes at him, recognizing him from somewhere. Her eyes widened when she realized where she had seen him before.