Chapter 40

After Rey and Finn's private talk, the group was having a discussion on their next move. Without Chewie, no one knew what to do next. It was mostly Finn, Alinah, and Poe doing the talking. Rey and Padmè were sitting down in mourning. Rey for doing the deed and Padmè for losing a close friend. Finn sat next to Rey as a way to comfort her while Alinah sat with Padmè. Poe was the only one standing while the droids were close by.

"We've only got 8 hours left, so what are we going to do?" Poe asked, frustrated.

"What can we do?" Finn asked. "We got to go back to base."

"We don't have time to go back!" Poe reminded him. "We are not giving up. If we do that, Chewie died for nothing."

Alinah nodded at him. "I'm with Poe on this one," she said. "We have to keep moving and figure out what our next move is."

Finn shook his head. "Guys, Chewie had the dagger!" He said.

"Well, then we have to find another way," Poe simply replied.

"Well, there isn't," Finn shot back. "That was the only clue to the Wayfinder and it's gone."

"Dank farrik," Alinah muttered to herself.

"So true," C-3PO said, looking away from everyone. "The inscription lives only in my memory now."

Poe, Finn, and Alinah's eyes all widened. R2-D2 beeped at him, annoyed that this was only being mentioned now. Alinah shot the astromech a look, telling him that it wasn't the time. Now they could have a lead.

"Hold on," Poe said. "The inscription that was on the dagger is in your memory?"

C-3PO looked back at them. "Yes, Master Poe. But the translation from a forbidden language cannot be retrieved," he explained. "That is short of a complete redacted memory bypass."

Finn raised an eyebrow at the protocol droid. "A complete what?" He questioned.

"It's a terribly dangerous and sinful act," C-3PO exclaimed, sounding like he didn't want to talk about it. "Performed on unwitting droids by dregs and criminals."

"Let's do that," Finn said, C-3PO looking at him in surprise. R2-D2 made beeps, laughing at him.

"I know a black market droidsmith," Poe said.

Alinah gave him a confused look. "Now how do you know one?" She asked.

"Black market droidsmith?" C-3PO questioned at the same time.

Poe sighed. "But he's on Kijimi," he added.

"What's wrong with Kijimi?" Finn asked, confused.

Poe looked like he wanted to avoid the subject. "I had... a little bad luck on Kijimi," he said. Alinah and Finn narrowed their eyes at him, now more curious than ever. "But if this mission fails, it's all been for nothing. All we've done... all this time..."

Finn stood up, Alinah standing up after him. "We're all in this," he told him. Then he looked back at Rey, who was still looking at the ground. "Until the end."

Rey looked up at him, and then back at the ground. Then she stood up and took his hand, giving him a small smile. "For Chewie," she said softly, looking at Padmè.

Padmè blinked away tears as she stood up as well. "For Chewie," she agreed, taking Rey's hand. Then she took Alinah's hand, her cousin and friend comforting her by squeezing her hands.

Finn then looked at Poe, giving him a look. "Hands?" Poe asked with a slight sigh.

"Hands," Finn answered as Poe took his hand.