Chapter 3

Finn, Poe, and Kira were all getting ready to go on their mission to Jakku. Finn grabbed his blaster and attached it to his back. He then grabbed his lightsaber and clipped it onto his belt. He hoped that he wouldn't have to resort to using the lightsaber, but he would have it in case of emergencies.

The three met up by Poe's spare X-Wing, where the pilot was putting BB-8 in his spot. Kira secretly had her lightsaber hidden where her staff was, where no one could see it. She smirked when she thought of the plan she had. Nothing would go according to plan for any side of the war. It would only go right for her.

The group went inside the ship and put on their helmets. Poe then took off and set the coordinates to Jakku. He then entered hyperspace and the trio waited for a bit to end up on the junkyard planet.

Kira was nervous to go back to Jakku. She hadn't been there since she was 13, when Kylo Ren found her and brought her to the First Order. Going back there would bring back some painful memories, but she was ready to face them. She needed to be ready because it would help her with her training. It was best to know your pain and use it to your advantage when fighting on the dark side. Thinking about Jakku made her angry, but it was only a matter of time when she would feel hate for the planet.

After a few minutes, they arrived at Jakku. Poe flew the ship down towards the planet and looked around for the village they needed to go to. Kira pointed out the window at the village and they landed in the center of it. Many villagers looked at the trio when they stepped out of the ship. BB-8 left his spot on the ship and joined the group in looking around the area.

"Excuse me!" Poe called out to a nearby villager. "Do you know where Lor San Tekka is? We need to speak to him right away."

The villager nodded at him. "He's in that hut over there. The biggest one," she said, pointing at the hut. "You aren't First Order, are you?"

"No, we're a part of the Resistance," Finn said, showing the Resistance symbol on his jacket. "We're here for what Tekka found. It's important that we get it right away."

The villager smiled at them. "Go on ahead then," she said.

"Thank you," Poe said with his signature grin. He then turned to his droid. "You stay watch, BB-8. First sign of trouble, you let us know right away." BB-8 said a few bleeps in affirmation before the three walked over to Tekka's hut.

Lor San Tekka looked up when he saw the three Resistance members enter his hut. "Hello there, Commander Dameron," he greeted. "I assume you're here for the item you desire?"

"That we are, sir," Poe said as he sat down across from the older man. "Thank you so much for finding this for us. The Resistance and I are forever grateful for the help you have provided us for years."

Tekka smiled at him. "Anything to set the galaxy right again," he said. He then turned over to Finn. "Hello there, Finn. How's the training with Master Skywalker going?"

Kira looked over at Finn with furrowed eyebrows before he replied. "It's going very well," he told him. "I'm getting closer to becoming a Knight and hopefully this mission can help with that path I'm on."

"It's a good thing Master Skywalker is still willing to train anyone now," Tekka said. "I think he knows that it is the will of the Force that demands a Jedi to make things right in the galaxy."

Kira smirked to herself during the whole exchange. Now she finally knew who the mystery Jedi was. But she couldn't kill Finn now because of the mission they were on now. This was more important than killing a Jedi. She needed to know this secret that was being kept from her before anything else could happen.

Tekka then reached over and picked up a small, brown pouch. He placed it into Poe's hand and folded his hand on top of it. "This will begin to make things right," he said. "I've traveled too far, seen to much, to ignore the despair in the galaxy. Without this, there would be no balance in the Force."

Poe smiles at the old man in front of him. "Well, because of you, now we have a chance," he told him. "The General has been after something like this for a long time."

"The general?" Tekka asked with a smirk. "Well to me, she's royalty."

"Well she certainly is that," Poe agreed with a nod.

All of a sudden, BB-8 burst into the hut in a flash, causing for everyone to turn and look at him. He made loud bleeps of alarm, which alerted the three Resistance members. Poe turned back over to Tekka with a face of worry.

"We have company."

The four went outside as Poe took out his macrobinoculars. He looked through them and aimed them at the night sky. Multiple ships were coming down towards the village, which the pilot could identify as First Order transport ships. 

Poe lowered his binoculars but still looked up at the sky. "You have to hide," he said to Tekka.

"You three have to leave," the old man responded, causing for the trio to look over at him. "Go!" He added with a nod.

Poe nodded and motioned for Kira and Finn to follow him. They started to hurry towards their ship, but had their blasters out in case the Stormtroopers started to attack. Kira knew that the troops would be the least of their worries. Kylo Ren would be on his way down, which only meant doom for the villagers. Even though they had nothing to do with this device being found, they wouldn't be shown any mercy. Kira knew how the First Order worked and it was much worse than the standards on Jakku.

The First Order transports landed on the ground and Stormtroopers started running out of them. They started shooting down the villagers that were in front of them. Finn, Poe, Kira, and BB-8 managed to avoid the lasers and they made it to their ship. The droid went in his spot as the trio went inside.

The Stormtroopers quickly took notice of them, recognizing the ship as a Resistance ship. They immediately started firing at them, causing for BB-8 to beep in alarm. Poe took action by shooting back at them with the ship's cannon. This managed to keep the troops away and the trio stepped out of their ship. They checked the spot that had been shot at, but it was too damaged for takeoff.

Kira looked up at the sky and caught sight of something. "Guys..." she said. "Look." She pointed hot t the sky as Finn and Poe looked at what she was looking at.

A large, black shuttle was coming in for landing in the village that was now up in flames. The three immediately knew that it was Kylo Ren arriving. Kira now could take her plan into action. She grabbed the pouch from Poe's jacket pocket and started walking towards BB-8.

"Kira, the kriff are you doing?!" Poe exclaimed.

"Putting it inside BB-8!" Kira replied. "The First Order wont expect a droid like him to be carrying what they want to keep from us." She took out the device and motioned for the droid to open up one of his pockets. He did so and she put the device inside him.

"Now let's get the hell out of here," Kira said, standing up.

"No, I need to hold them back," Poe said.

Finn furrowed his eyebrows at his friend. "What?! No, they could kill you!" He said.

"I need to hold them off so you three can escape!" Poe explained. "That device is too important for it to end up in the First Order's hands. You need to protect BB-8 and the device and bring it back to the Resistance."

"We can't just leave you here!" Finn protested.

"I'll come back for you guys!" Poe reassured them. "It'll be alright!"

Before Finn or Kira could say anything else, Poe ran off into the village, firing his blaster. Kira and Finn looked at each other with worried expressions. BB-8 whistled with worry before rolling out of the village. Finn and Kira quickly followed the droid, honoring Poe's words to them.

They ran out of the village as fast as they could into the desert, BB-8 rolling along behind them. Both Kira and Finn sensed death occurring from the village, upsetting the both of them. A few moments later, an explosion went off. The two looked back and watched the explosion from far away. BB-8 made a few sad noises, worried about his master. Kira and Finn didn't sense Poe's death, so they hoped he would be okay.

The two soldiers and the droid wandered through the desert that night, not saying a single word.