Part 38~ Never again

Shawn
"It doesn't matter. Because I'm leaving" she grabbed her suitcase but I stopped her by grabbing her wrist. "Hannah, y-you can't just leave like that. And where did you find that paper?"

"I met Gemma earlier today at the coffee shop. And she told me that she hasn't got anything that says that you have signed the paper" I opened my mouth to say something but she put up her hand in front of her. "No, let me speak. Then she showed me a picture of a paper. And it was exactly the paper you signed. It was a goddamn business paper, Shawn! Not a divorce paper. Then when I get home I felt that I needed to look after this paper to see if she told me the truth. And she did. Why did you lie to me?! What have I done to you?"

"I- please hear my side of the story" "Oh, I would love to hear it" she crossed her arms and I took a deep breath before I started to speak up. "I haven't been lying to you. I am going to sign the paper. I just need to wait for the perfect timing"

"And when is the perfect timing then huh? It has been years, Shawn! You know what? I'm not accepting that excuse"

"Hannah please I am going to sign that paper. I can do it now if you want to?" "You shall not sign that paper because of me Shawn. You shall do it because of you. Because you want to get rid of her. Don't you want that?" "Of course I do sweetheart. But-" "But what Shawn?"

"Because I haven't had time" "Fucking bull shit Shawn! Stop lying all the time. After this, I don't know what is true or not that is coming out of your mouth. I thought that you wanted to get rid of her"

"I do, I really do. But you have to listen to me" I grabbed her hands but she quickly tore them away from my hands. "No Shawn. You have been lying to me. You promised me that you would sign the paper. And then you signed a fucking business paper in front of me. Pretending that it was the divorce paper! Do I even mean anything for you?!"

"Yes, you do Hannah. I love you. And I'm sorry that I have lied to you. I am" I could feel tears forming in my eyes. "Then why Shawn? Why did you lie to me?!" She yelled. "I don't know. I'm sorry, okay?! I was stupid and I'm sorry. Can't you please forgive me?"

"No, I-I can't. Not after this. I thought that I meant something to you. But apparently, I don't" "But you do"

"Not enough. Then why did you lie to me?! You can lie in a realationship, only if it's the best for the other person. But not about this Shawn! This is just fucked up. This doesn't help me or anything. This breaks me. I can't be together with someone that refuses to sign the divorce paper"

"Look, I'm signing it right now" I laid the paper on the little table that was beside us in the hall and I signed it. "That doesn't help Shawn. I can't live in a relationship when the other person is lying in my face. I can't even trust you now. I don't know what is true or not. It wouldn't surprise me if you told me that you have a child too!"

My face dropped and more tears rolled down my cheek. "Shawn" she swallowed hard "Please don't tell me that it is true" she shook her head slowly "I was going to tell you"

She just shook her head and walked past me. "Babe, please. I'm sorry I was going to tell you" I grabbed her arm but she tore her arm away from my touch. "Don't touch me!" She hissed through her teeth "Go back to Gemma and your child. You seem to still love her. And oh, by the way. Have fun at the auction tomorrow"

She slammed the door and then she was gone. I slammed my fist against the wall "Fucking hell!" I yelled. I opened the door to see if Hannah still was there but she was out of my sight.

Tears rolled down my cheek and I sat down on the couch and my eyes were glued on my guitar. I grabbed it and stood up. With all force I had, I slammed it against the coffee table and it broke into pieces.

I sat down on the ground. My legs folded, my one arm resting on top of my one knee, and my hand in my hair. How could I be so stupid? I should have just signed the paper and I should have just told her about my child. But I just wanted to wait for the perfect timing. It was this I was scared for. That she would leave me.

Hannah

I don't think that I ever have cried this much before. My throat is dry and it hurts. I knew it was a bad thing to accept his job offer. I should have just stayed at the university and forget Shawn.

Everyone at the gate looked at me as I was a crazy person. And I understand them. I'm sitting in a crowded place crying my eyes out. Why did I fall for him? Did he plan this? Did he do this on purpose?

I texted Liam and Anna that I'm coming back home and asked them if they could pick me up at the airport when I have landed. And it didn't take long before I got a response back and they said that they are more than happy to pick me up and that they have missed me.

-

6 hours later I walked in the aisle with all the people that were on my flight. I had been crying the whole time. I didn't even know that I could cry this much.

I saw Anna and Liam waiting for me. Holding a sign that says 'Welcome home Hannah!' I started to run towards them and both of them embraced me at the same time. "We have missed you so so much" Anna cried.

It felt good to hug them. That I'm finally are home.

"I have missed you too guys. And I promise that I will never go back to him. Never in my entire life"