Part 21~ Hospital visit

Hannah

Jack parked his car outside the main entrance "Go before me. I need to find a parking lot because I can't stand here in front of the main entrance" Jack said and looked at me but I was already outside the car and run inside towards the desk where a nurse sat behind a computer screen.

"I need to see my friend Shawn. Shawn Mendes" I said as fast as I could so I almost didn't understand what I was saying. "Sorry miss, you need to say that one more time" The nurse gave me a confusing look. I opened my mouth to repeat myself when I heard Roger's voice beside me. I looked to my right and saw him pushing himself up from a chair. I walked towards him and without thinking I hugged him. He wrapped his arms around my body and rubbed his hand comforting on my back.

"What has happened?" I said and tried to choke my crying. "He was in a car accident" I could hear in his voice that he thinks that this is hard for him as well. My heart stopped and I for one second got hard to breathe. "Is he okay? Can I see him?" I pulled away and Roger gave a curt nod. "This way" He turned around and started to walk through the hallway.

I have never liked hospitals. I always get a cold feeling when I enter a hospital, it always smells like medicine and hand sanitizer. I can't point a finger at what it is, but I for some reason always feel discomfort when I am at the hospital.

Roger stopped in front of a closed door. "He is in there. I stay at the main entrance if you need anything" I nodded and sent him a smile and watched him walk away. I took a deep breath before I opened the door. I felt my heart raising, feeling nervous to see him again.

As soon as I entered the room I take a good look at him. There is a bandage wrapped around his right bicep and a needle in his left bend of the arm that it's connected to an IV pole and he looked exhausted. He looked up at the ceiling but turned his head towards me when he heard my footsteps coming closer to his bed.

"Hey," I say and forcing a smile on my lips. "Hey," he says with a tired voice and smiled. He is trying to sit up in the bed, furrowing his eyebrows due to the pain. I quickly walk over to him and gently pushing him down "No, you need to lay down" "I know, but-" "No buts Shawn. You need to rest" I said and sat down on the chair that stood beside the hospital bed.

It wasn't until now I saw that he had big blue/purple/red-ish bruises on his arms and he has small scars on his face. Probably because of the glass shards from the car windows.

"How are you feeling?" "Well I'm not dead yet" He smirked playfully and tried to joke about this, but I am not in a mood to joke about this right now. I gave him a serious gaze "Shawn, it's no a good time to joke about this. Do you know how scared I got when Roger called me and told me to get here as quick as possible due you?" I could feel tears pressing through my eyes and I tried to do anything to not make the tears rolling down my cheeks.

"That's sweet of you" he smiled and then he pauses and the silence stretched until it becomes an uncomfortable silence. It has been a little more than one week since we saw each other for the last time, so we would talk a lot but for some reason, we didn't talk. I don't know what to say so I looked down at my lap playing with my fingers, wishing that he can say something and I could feel his eyes on me.

"So... how do your studies go?" I looked up from my lap and met his eyes and shrugged "As always. I just wish it will end soon so I'm free from school. But that of course, I have one year left" I then looked away, I can't look at him, if I'm looking at him for any longer I will break down in tears.

"Hannah," he said and moved away hair from my face and placed it behind my ear. I just heard a murmur because I was in my world. "What?" I asked and finally looked at him "I asked if everything is alright" "No-" I realize that I said wrong, or I said right, but he hasn't had to know that.