Part 24~ Someone that makes you happy

Shawn's smile in this GIF🥺😍
_______

Shawn

"I don't know what to do," she said between her tears "My life is a mess right now" "No don't say that," I said and shook my head "Yes Shawn. My life is a total mess" she finally looked up at me and I could see that she was hurt.

"It's about Jack. Isn't it?" I asked and wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to me. "It's not just him" she shook her head "And h-how did you k-know?" "I understood that he had something with this to do. So tell me, what did he do? What did he do to make you like this"

She tried to calm down before she spoke up but she failed. "Darling," I said and grabbed her hands in mine. "Try to calm down. Follow my breathings. Okay?" She nodded and I inhaled through my nose and exhaled with my mouth and she followed my breathings.

"There is a new article on the internet, and it's about you and me. And Jack is involved as well. He started to yell at me and told me that I had been lying to him about things between you and me and stuff. And he told me that I had been using him just so I can get over you"

"What do you mean by lying to him?" "Well, I told him that you just were my friend. But he thinks that we were together. Due to the picture of us kissing on the street in Toronto. And then we broke up and that I'm just using him so I can get over you. But that's not the truth Shawn"

"I know" I sighed "I am with him because I know that you and I can't be a thing. You have your life in Toronto and I have my life here. And I felt bad when I kissed you because it just hurt even more. So that's why I am with Jack. Because I know that you and I won't be a thing. And now when he is mad at me I don't know what to do. He just left me"

I swallowed hard and I didn't know what to say. Did she mean that she has feelings for me?

"Hannah" I sighed and grabbed her cheek. "You know that we can't have a life together. That's one of the rules of the contract. We can't get feelings for each other" "I know. And I hate it" she rested her elbows on her knees once more and buried her face into her hands. "I fucked up everything. I wasn't supposed to get feelings for you. I messed up with everything. Maybe I'm meant to be with neither you nor Jack. Maybe I'm not meant to be with anyone"

"Hannah," I said and laid my hand on her back "You deserve to be with someone that makes you happy" I bent a bit forward and tugged away some hair that hung down her face, which caused her to turn her face towards me. "And with someone, I mean Jack" Even though how much it hurt, I had to say it. I adore her with my whole heart, but we can't fall for each other. We just can't.

"You should talk to him" "Really? You think so?" She asked shocked and I had to force the words out, despite the leaden weight growing in my chest. "Yes. He acted like that because he really likes you. And he knows that you wouldn't do such a thing on purpose" her eyes went back and forth between mine. As she didn't believe that I just said that.

"And if he doesn't know that, he is stupid and doesn't deserve you," I said with a little smile painted on my lips. I nudge her a little with my shoulder and she let out a chuckle. "See, there's the smile I want to see" but not long after her smile fade away and she sits up straight. "Why are you telling me this Shawn?" "Because I just want to see you happy" I could feel tears in my eyes, but I tried to hide them by winking at her. She sent me a smile before she rested her head on my shoulder.

If she just knew how hard this is for me.

-Next day-

Hannah

I sat down at a table, drumming my fingers against the coffee cup in my hand and shaking my leg. For some reason, I was nervous to talk to him.

After Shawn and I said goodbye to each other I texted Jack and asked him if he wanted to meet and talk over a coffee. He didn't respond, but I walked to the cafe in case if he would show up.

Not long after Jack walked up to me and took a seat in front of me. "Jack, I know that you are mad at me and that you don't want to be here right now. But please, just hear me out" he looked out of the window. Avoiding my eyes.

"I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you that earlier. I really am. But the truth is that I didn't use you just so I can get over Shawn. Not at all. I didn't play with your feelings. What I have said to you and what I have been doing with you is from my heart. I want to be with you. And I want to try this again. Please"

Jack hesitates... then sighs before he turns his face to face me.

"Look Hannah, I care about you. A lot. But.. we have to be honest with each other from now on, okay?" I nodded "Does that mean-?" "Let us start over" He interrupted me "From scratch" he smiled and stretched his arm over the table and offered his hand. "Hi, I'm Jack. And you are?"

I chuckled and shook my head "Hannah" I grabbed his hand and he gave me a warm smile. I stood up and walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He stood up from his seat and he envelopes me in his embrace and my arms traveled down to his torso."I'm sorry from earlier. I am" "It's okay. We are okay now," he said against the top of my head and kissed me on my forehead.

This hurts, to be honest. I rather want to be with Shawn. But as he said, we can't fall in love with each other. As the contract says, 'the bidder and the prize can't get feelings for each other' So this is the only choice I have.

~~~

I know, this one was a bit shorter than the others. And nothing much happened in this part as well.  But I want to build up some drama. Yes, some drama is going to happen in the next part. I hope you're excited about it.

Take care of yourself and others! Especially how the situation is right now! And thanks for the lovely support of this book!❤️❤️