Part 12~ Terrifying situation

Hannah

Shawn froze and looked at the masked man when the cold material of the handgun was pressed against his forehead.

"If you scream for help, I will shoot you both" the masked man said firmly.

I'm shaking in fear barely able to keep my heart inside of my chest. "Lower the gun!" Shawn said unexpected calm but I could hear his harsh voice vibrating in his throat. He slowly laid his phone in his pocket and then took up his hands at the same level as his face. "You're not the one that decides what I should do or not!" the masked man almost screamed in Shawn's face. I saw that he pressed the opening of the gun harder onto Shawn's forehead.

"Hannah" Shawn turned his face to me "Stay behind me" he reached for my arm and pulled me towards him. "I'm the one who decides who moves! Stay where you are and don't move an inch!" Even though he had sunglasses with dark glass, I could see the fire in his eyes. "What do you want? My money?" Shawn asked, still so calm. "You can take my wallet. It is in my pocket. I don't care, take what you want"

How in the hell can you stay so calm in the terrifying situation with a GUN pressed onto your forehead?!

"You really think I'm stupid?!" "I'm 100 percent serious. Take my wallet, I don't care. I won't do anything to stop you" "What don't you understand? I don't want your stupid money"

With panic in my eyes, I looked around for signs of help, but no one is walking down the street. We are the only ones here. I totally froze, not knowing what to do. "Stay calm Hannah. I've got this" he reaches down to my hand, still one hand in the air. "If you remember I have a gun," the masked man said out loud.

"If you lower your gun, maybe we can find a solution that doesn't end with anyone getting shot. I'm sure you don't want to go to prison" he raised one eyebrow with a little smirk on his lips. How can Shawn smirk in this situation?  And please Shawn, can you just shut up. The more you talk the angrier you make him.

"You talk way too much for someone who has a gun pointed at them. Maybe if I shoot her in the leg will show how serious I am" he takes away the gun from Shawn's forehead and pointing it down on my leg ready to pull the trigger. Before he can do something else Shawn kicks the masked man's outstretched arm. The gun's clangs noisily against the dumpster and clatter to the ground.

I quickly stumble to the ground to grab the gun, but the man is way quicker than me. All of a sudden I'm dragged up by the man so my back is against the man's chest. He's holding me in a tight grip around my shoulders and pointing the gun against the side of my head. "Leave her!" Shawn's eyes darkened and all I can see is anger. I can almost see the blood boiling inside of him. "Please don't hurt me" I cry out. Tears begin streaming down my cheeks as I feel the cold metal digging into the side of my head.

I can feel my legs shaking and I start to sink down to the ground. Collapsing to the ground in front of Shawn. What I see next, is shocking.

In one swift Shawn is tackling the man to the ground.

Holding the robber down by straddling him, Shawn hit him, whith such force that he knocks the guy completely cold. He takes the gun out of the man's hand and throws it out of reach. He then places two fingers on the side of the man's throat, checking if the unconscious man still has any puls. He looks back at me, nodding that the man is still breathing. He stands up and took out his phone to call 911.

After a few minutes, the police car came and we talked to the officer about the incident. They handcuffed the unconscious man and led him to the back of the police car and drove away.

He then turned to me and cupped my face. "Are you okay?" "Yeah, I guess. I was just so scared" I could feel a tear slowly running down my cheek and he wiped it away with his thumb and pulled me into his chest and embraced me. I could hear his heart beating faster than usual and by that, I could tell that he was scared as well. "Y-you saved me" I looked up at Shawn "I just did what I had to do" he takes a strand of my hair and move it to the side, placing it behind my ear.