Part 9~ Escalation

Hannah

I looked at the time and it was 1 am and I have been awake for hours. Shawn is sleeping peacefully behind me, his hot breath hitting my neck every time he is breathing out through his nose. I took away his arm from my waist and got up from the bed and headed down to the kitchen.

I thought that I need to distract myself with something so I then can go to sleep after. I opened the refrigerator and looked for something to eat when I all of sudden heard footsteps coming closer to the kitchen. My heart stopped and I turned around but couldn't see anything in the dark. The light all of sudden turned on and Roger stood there. I gave him a confusing look "Didn't you get home?" I asked, still shocked that Roger was standing in front of me. He just shook his head and walked towards me. "Sorry If I woke you up but I just can't sleep" "It's okay. I was up anyway. I heard something in the kitchen so I went up to see who or what it was," he said with a grin on his lips.

"You can sit down, I can fix something for you? What do you want?" "Maybe a cup of tea," I said and took a seat at one of the barstools that stood at the kitchen island.

"Then the refrigerator is a wrong place if you're looking for tea," he said which caused me to giggle. "Yeah, I know"

"Roger?" I asked and looked up at him. "Yes?" he turned around and leaned against the kitchen counter and poured some hot water in the teacup and gave it to me "I was on this event with Shawn today. And then a girl came up to me and said that Shawn is using me as his little toy. I know that this is a weird question but, when he is on these auctions and buy girls, does he treat them as his toy or?" "Is it the reason why you can't sleep?" I nodded my head and did circular motions with the spoon in the tea.

"Okay, I'm gonna be honest with you" he rested his folded arms on the kitchen island and intertwined his fingers. "I have known Shawn for like five years and he has been on the auctions for like 5 times. And I have seen what he does to them, he tries to seduce them and when the week is over he sends them home. But now when he has you here under the same roof I see something different. I haven't seen him smile as much as he does when he is with you. He treats you differently. And I really mean it"

"By now, the girl he bought should be around his neck and do everything to him. But you don't, and that's because he respects your decisions. The girl you talked to had right, he treated the other girls as his little toy, but you are different. He treats you as you are his wife" I smiled at the thought that Shawn treats me differently, that he respects my decisions.

When I had drunk up my tea I thanked Roger for the talk and that he kept me company.

I carefully crawled back into the bed and Shawn wrapped his arm around me "Where were you?" he whispered in my ear "I drank some tea. I couldn't sleep" "Oh, okay. I thought that something happened to you" he placed a gentle kiss on my shoulder and I slowly drifted away to sleep.

Shawn
I watched Hannah sleep peacefully. The sun hit her face and she had a little smile on her pink lips. Her hair was a little bit messy but she still looked so beautiful. I could do anything to lay beside her and wrap my arms around her, but I can't. I need to be at a meeting in one hour.

I pushed myself up from the armchair and walked up to her. I stroke away from the hair that had to fallen onto her face and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. She slowly opened up her eyes and smiled when her eyes met mine. "Hi," she said with her morning voice.

"I'm sorry Hannah. I really need to go now. But I have booked a table at a restaurant later tonight so put on something nice. I prefer the black maxi dress" "Where are you going?" "To a meeting" "Oh, okay" she sat up in bed and rubbed her eyes "What am I going to do without you?" I shrugged my shoulders "I don't know. But I promise you. You can have me all evening" I smirked and kissed her cheek before I leave the room.