Part 11~ Fake wife

Shawn

"Remember what I told you" I look down on Hannah as we entering the restaurant "You are going to be my wife and your mission is to try your best so they can have this business with me" I gave her a serious face, just so she can understand how important this is for me. But instead, she started to giggle "Shawn, you have told me this like 10 times. I get it now" she shook her head with a cute smile on her lips. "I get it. So can you please try to relax? Everything is under control" her arm slipped around mine and came closer to me. "Is it them?" she pointed at three businessmen that look like they are around 50 years old. I gave her a quick nod before we started to walk up to them.

"Good evening," I said as professionally as possible. All of them looked up at us "Well good evening Mr. Mendes. It's a pleasure to meet you" One of the men said and shook my hand. I shook everyone's hand and introduced them to Hannah.

"This is my lovely wife" I lowered my hand to her lower back "Hi, It's a pleasure to meet you all," she said with a smile on her lips "Well it's a pleasure for us too," Said the man who looks like he is closer to 60. "Well, shall we start with this?" "Of course we can," I said and pulled out the chair for Hannah and I took the seat beside her.

Hannah

To be honest, I don't know what I'm doing here. Sure, I'm gonna pretend to be his wife. But still, I don't know what I'm doing here. They just talking business and I don't understand anything what they are talking about. Well, I understand that they are talking about Shawn's ideas for the company and that is the only thing I understand.

I took a sip from my champagne when one of the businessmen asked me "So Hannah, tell us. How is Shawn? And why do you think we should bring his idea into our company?" I almost choked on my champagne, I wasn't ready that the question would come so soon. "Well," I said and placed the champagne glass in front of me "Try to sell him for us," he said with a smile on his lips. I felt Shawns' hand squeezing my thigh and the blood rushed up to my cheeks. I looked up at him, and he and the businessmen looked at me. Waiting for my answer.

"Well, Shawn is the most passionate and talented man I ever met. Shawn is always ready to put everything aside for the people around him. And he is a great businessman, he takes everything 100% seriously, ha always comes up with the greatest ideas. I'm gonna tell you that, if I worked for a company like you guys, I wouldn't hesitate a minute to do some business with him. I promise you, you're gonna love him. He is professional, determined and even if it can be hard to see sometimes, he has a very big heart. He is so caring, he even cares about strangers"

Even though I pretend to be his wife the words come out of my mouth so easily, I don't even need to think about what to say.

I looked back up at Shawn who has a big smile on his lips. He leaned in and whispered in my ear "Thank you so much" and he gave me a tender kiss before sitting up straight and continued to talk to the businessmen.

After three hours when they were done with their business I went to the bathroom just so I could talk to Grace. I haven't heard anything from her so I need to talk to her, updating her with everything that has happened.

It didn't take long until she picked up "Hey girl! Omg, I almost thought that you were dead. How is everything? How is it to live with him?" I chuckled at how exciting she sounded. "Everything is great, to be honest. He is great actually. But he can be confusing sometimes. Like he can be the cutest in one second and the other second he can be firm, almost mad. Anyways how is everything with you?" "Everything is lovely. He is lovely! He is handsome, funny, the cutest man I ever met. And he is really good in bed" I could almost hear the grin on her face "You know that it's not a part of the contract. You are only supposed to be his company and not doing what you are doing" I giggled and shook my head. "Who cares! No one is watching us so no one can stop us. It's not like Alice is spying on us" To be honest she has a point there. No one is watching us and sometimes it's funny to break the rules.

"So girl! What are you up to now?" "Well, I'm at a restaurant with Shawn. He did some business with three guys and he told me yesterday that I should tell them that I'm his wife so it would be more realistic because I was going to tell them why they should take Shawn's idea into their company" "Woah, that's kinda hot" I could hear that she was going to say something more but got interrupted by a manly voice. "What are you doing?" I heard the manly voice ask "Talking to my best friend" "Well tell her that you have more important stuff to do" I heard her laugh "Sorry, darling I can't talk right now" she laughed and shortly after I heard her scream slightly and the phone fell to the floor. I shook my head with a grin on my face before I ended the call and walked out to Shawn.

When we walked out of the restaurant his mood changed quickly. It was like you pressed a button. From walking out with a smile on his face to furrowing his eyebrows with anger in his eyes.

"What the hell was that?" He said out loud with a harsh voice "W-what do you mean?" I asked, confused about what he was talking about. "Did you have to say that?" his eyes were dark and one curl fell onto his face. "You told me that I should sell you. Trying to convince them why they should have a business with you"

"Yes, I did. But I didn't mean it like that. I thought that you were going to say that professionally. Not in an 'I'm gonna tell about my boyfriend for my parents' way" He ran his hand through his curl and I could see that he was frustrated and mad at me "You embarrassed me, Hannah!" "B-but you didn't seem to think like that in there" I pointed at the restaurant behind him. "You even thanked me!" I raised my voice.

"Yeah, but what should I do in front of them? You know what. It's enough for tonight. I'm calling Roger" Shawn took out his phone from his pocket and started to walk back and forth shooting me a angry glare. Clearly showing that he is mad at me.

Why does it hurt so much because I made Shawn mad at me?

Out of nowhere, a masked man walked up to us, pointing a handgun against Shawn's forehead.

~~~~

Thank you so so much for 1000 readers! I hope you enjoy this book!