CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Começar do início

"Mom", Jungkook snapped, "Be a cool Mom!"

Taehyung covered his face shyly, fully overwhelmed by just everything. Up until today he had never even met Lia's parents or had breakfast with his own parents in like-, 5 years.
This was new and it was odd, but somehow felt too good to be true.
Before anything else could happen, the door swung open and Mr Jeon entered the apartment, he was humming a song and seemed to be in a pretty good mood after just coming back from his business trip.

Well-, his mood changed when he saw Taehyung sitting at their breakfast table.
"Oh", he let out and eyed the boy for a while, "Taehyung's here."

He put his bags down and walked over, giving his wife a kiss before he looked at the boys with an all serious face. "Did he stay over?", he asked, disappointment clearly audible in his voice.

"Look, Dad-, I can explain", Jungkook squeaked out, "It's not like-"

His father shut him up with a single look, "It's okay, I don't want to hear it."
With that he sat down at the breakfast table and looked at Taehyung for a LONG time.
No one dared to say a word, even his wife didn't expect her husband to return that early in the morning, but he just couldn't bare to have breakfast with his colleagues-, wanting to go back home to eat with his family.

Five minutes passed and still no one had said a word, silence filling up the room. No one took a bite from their food, they all just waited for Mr Jeon's reaction.

After all, he let out a big sigh and massaged his forehead for another five minutes, then grabbed some of the eggs and bacon and gave Taehyung a weak smile, "Well if you're here anyway, how about we take Jungkook out for a little football practice after breakfast? I think he needs a little extra training and you're the captain, so."

Taehyung nodded instantly, "Of course, Sir", he bowed a little and gave Mr Jeon a big smile. The man didn't smile back, he just focused onto eating breakfast.

Jungkook and Mrs Jeon sat there, mouth wide open as their eyes met. They expected a whole other reaction than that.
When all of them finally started eating again, Mr Jeon leaned back and started staring at Taehyung again, the whole time. The poor boy ate his food with red cheeks and his eyes fixed to his plate, way too shy to look up.

"Dad", Jungkook complained, "Stop staring at him! Let him live!"

"I have a gun", Mr Jeon crossed his arms, "I'm just saying."
"DAD", Jungkook squeaked out, ruffled his hair in frustration, "What the heck??"

"I'm just saying", Mr Jeon said sharply. "If I were him, I'd be careful."

Taehyung felt like crying.
"He doesn't have a gun, sweetie", Mrs Jeon assured Taehyung fondly, "Just ignore him, he never had someone joining us at breakfast, it's quite new for all of us."

"I might not have a gun", Mr Jeon inhaled deeply, "And I'm not sure what's going on here, but if it is what I think it is, which I am by the way, NOT okay with, then I surely hope you don't break his heart. 'Cuz I can easily break your neck."
Jungkook and his mother looked at each other again, questioning simply everything right now.

"I won't", Taehyung promised and bowed again, "I can leave your house if-"
"You don't have to", Mr Jeon said, "Are you doing well in school?"

Jungkook facepalmed himself, for fuck's sake his father was so weird and embarrassing right now. Taehyung however shrugged, "Yeah, kinda. I'd say I'm average-"
"You should study harder then", Mr Jeon said strictly. "My son is a straight A student", he stopped talking for a moment and furrowed his brows, "Not so straight apparently but still."