Chapter 24

A/N Hello peoples, I present to you another chapter. So at the end of this chapter there's a bit of a heated scene...lol. And there's more Riley and Jolene bonding, that's always important. And Max makes a few appearances. I hope y'all like him.

Vote and comment

xoxo

K

Chapter Twenty Four

I was sitting in the living on the couch, my leg crossed over the other at the knee and my laptop on my lap. I had my earphones in. I was watching a lecture for school. What I liked about my online college was that all I really had to do was watch lectures online, follow with in the textbooks, do my assignments, submit them, write my exams once a semester at a college nearby and also my practical projects. I could do all of these things at my own time as long as I met deadlines. I'd been on the laptop for just over three hours. I watched a 2 hour lecture on virtual structures and realism, I went through the textbook with the lecturer for about 45 minutes and until now I've been watching the breakdown of the practical assessment.

I had to make a short animated film, no longer than 15 minutes. It had to have the 3 different types of structures appear and at least one of them must be relevant to the story. I also had to have a minimum of 2 characters and at least one non-human character which requires me to spent more time detailing a different kind of character.

I opened up the animation studio on the laptop when somebody pulled an earphone from my ear. I looked up to see Max smiling down at me.

"Oh hey, sorry." I said taking the other earphone out.

"Oh, don't worry, I should be apologizing, you look kind of busy." he scratched the back of his neck.

"I was...I was sort of in class." I said. His brows furrowed in confusion.

"Online college." I explained.

"Oh." he gave a quick nod, "Sorry, I was just going to ask you if you had seen Riley around?"

"No, note lately." I said looking around as if I was going to spot him.

"Oh, okay, let me know if you see him." Max said heading upstairs.

"Sure." I said putting my earphones back into my ears.

Hey, beautiful. Are you okay? Riley's voice floated around in my head. He was using our link to talk to me.

Yeah. I'm fine. Where are you? I asked him back.

Somewhere on the premises. Look, I left you something in your bedroom, make sure you're ready by six thirty.

What, why? there was no reply.

Isn't that just as good as him hanging up on you? Saroya teased.

Oh would you shut your face? I retorted.

You mean your face? she challenged. I ignored her as best as I could while I carried on with my designing.

At five o'clock my eyes were burning a little as I closed my laptop, satisfied with my 2 human characters. I stood up and stretched. I headed upstairs to my bedroom and looked aorund. On the closet handle hung a beautiful cocktail dress.

It was a strapless red dress with layering at the top, a bedazzled belt just below the bust and a simple finish at the bottom that would hug my body. A pair of silver stiletoes sat next to the closet door below the dress. There was a note on the hanger.

Jolene,

I promised you a second first date and today I intend to fulfill that promise. Be ready by 18:30, a car will be there to pick you up at 18:40. I hope you'll find the dress to be to your liking. I can't wait to see you.