Chapter 23

• Dedicated to Angel, thank you for all your support, it doesn't go unnoticed. Thank you.

Chapter Twenty-Three

"He's here!" Kiara announced as she pulled me to the front door to meet Max. Kiara took hold of the door knob and the door swung open. There stood a very attractive guy. Neatly trimmed, jet black hair. Pale skin with the rosiest cheeks ever. Intense baby blue eyes and a small grin on pink lips. Dressed neatly is dark jeans, a white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and plain white Nike sneakers. Even a small piercing in his left earlobe. "Max!" Kiara squeaked pouncing on the guy. He pulled her into a hug.

"Hey, blondie." he laughed. After they pulled out of their hug Kiara turned to me.

"Max, this is Jolene, Jolene, Max." Kiara introduced us. I extended my hand but Max just raised an eyebrow.

"It's nice to meet you, Max." I said politely returning the hug he had pulled me into.

"Oh no the pleasure's all mine. Riley wouldn't shut up about you so it's great to finally put a face to the name." he smiled revealing a nice set of pearly whites.

"Dude!" Riley's voice boomed from behind us.

"Hey man!" Max moved passed me and went over to Riley. We closed the door after Kiara single handedly hauled his suitcase in. "How's it going man?" Max asked Riley after they released each other from their bro-hug.

When the two stood next to each other you noticed that they were practically the same height and practically the same build. From the back they looked like brothers.

"Dude, you missed quite a bit." Riley teased.

"I probably haven't missed anything like I missed my girl...where is she?" Max asked. Before anyone could answer Melena came bolting in and she practically tackled Max. He took a step back but managed to pick her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist like a little kid.

"Melena, babe." he breathed hugging her. I smiled at the couple when Melena rested her head on his shoulder and tightened her arms around his neck.

"I missed you so much." she mumbled into his neck. He smiled.

"I know, babe, I missed you too." he said before putting her down. They shared a quick kiss before Melena turned to everybody.

"The table's set...let's go eat." she smiled brightly. Riley came over to me and took my hand in his as we went into the dining room. Brandon and Mike were hovering near the table subtly chewing.

"You guys couldn't wait?" Melena scolded. They shook their heads and greeted Max with bro-hugs, high fives and funny hand shakes.

We all sat down around the table. I sat next to Riley, opposite Melena and Max. Kiara, Brandon and Mike excused themselves. They mentioned something about shots with Bree.  We were about to start eating when my cell phone rang. I excused myself and went to answer it at the bottom of the stairs.

"Alicia?" I answered.

"Jo, hey, I'm so glad you picked up." she sounded so panicked.

"What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

"It's Luke." she was breathing heavily like she had been running. "He's figured out the area you live in and he has guys out everywhere looking for you, you need to be careful."

I ran a hand through my hair and sat on the bottom stair. "Are you okay though?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." she replied. There was a pause before she continued speaking. "Jo, you have to be careful, he's really dangerous when he's angry. He wants you dead." Alicia was speaking in a hushed voice.

"I'll be careful, I promise. You also have to be careful, he isn't your biggest fan."

"I'll be okay." she assured. Riley loomed over me and I quickly said goodbye before I stood up.

"If he comes anywhere near you, he's a dead man." he said through clenched teeth. I put my hand on his cheek.

"He's not getting anywhere near me." I said. He nodded, not completely convinced but I had to take it.

"Max and Melena decided to bail so it's just you and me."

"Let's go out for a run." I suggested tugging on his hand. His lips curled into a smile as his eyes darkened.

"Race you." he said just before he bolted out the door.

It's time to show them what we're made of. I said to  Saroya.

Running circles around him? Easy enough. She boasted as we got outside, shifted and chased Riley into the woods.

When we went back home I was relieved to see all the lights switched off because Riley always had a spare pair of shorts in the backyard...I on the other hand had to sprint upstairs before anybody saw me.

I took a shower in Riley's room and got dressed into my pyjama shorts and spaghetti strap top. I heard Riley's voice from his office. I walked to the wall and stood still relying on my enhanced hearing.

"Yes. The reservation is for seven o'clock. A party of 2 and the name is O'Connor." there was a pause. "Thank you." I heard him put the phone down and I stunt dived onto the bed and tried to look as casual as possible. The door swung open and Riley walked in, shirtless if I may add.

"Hey." I said casually. He walked over to the bed.

"Hey. You already showered?" he asked sitting on the edge.

"Yeah, running faster than you can make a girl sweat." I gloated. He grabbed my ankle a pulled me towards him.

"I can think of other things that can make a girl sweat." he said suggestively. With my new found confidence and rolled over and straddled him. It was like Saroya's spunk had rubbed off on me.

"Is that so?" I asked playfully trailing kisses along his neck.

"Yeah." he said in a strained voice. His hands moved up and down my thighs.

"I see something in your future." I said playfully.

"What's that?" he asked excitedly. I rolled off of him and tilted my head to the side.

"A cold shower."

A/N Hello readers!! I present to you another chapter. You guys finally met Max and I threw in another Jo and Riley cutesie scene just for those readers that feel that they need to bond. I also think they need to bond more so there ya go.

Vote and comment.

xoxo

K