Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Don't do it!" I laughed as Kiara stood at the edge of the pool untying the back of her bikini top.

"Go for it!" Brandon added, laughing.

Somehow Kiara had talked me into going swimming with her and some other people in the back yard pool, which was huge by the way. Some other people joined us and it was a small little party. Packs of beer pitched up with some of the guys and the idea to have a game of truth of dare came with Bree.

Kiara pulled off her bikini top, turned around and the guys cheered while I just laughed some more. Her dare was to take her bikini top off and back flip into the pool. Kiara's dare was courtesy of Ryan, Bree's brother. Kiara turned back around, bent her knees and somersaulted into the pool. More cheers erupted and we all waited for her to come up for air. She popped her blonde head out from under the water. We all cheered her on and the boys groaned when she put her top back on.

"Oh put an sock in it, you pervs." she said sitting down next to me. She beamed and spun the beer bottle that was trapped in the middle of the large circle. It landed on Bree.

"Truth or dare?" Kiara asked.

"Dare." Bree challenged with a smirk. Kiara grinned and thought for a second. She gave a grin.

"For the rest of the game, you have to be on Mike's lap." she giggled.

Mike looked up when he heard his name. He was a tall, handsome guy but he had nothing on Riley. Bree stood up and placed herself on Mike's lap who shrugged and put his hands around her waist.

"No problem." she spun the bottle and sat back against Mike. The bottle turned and looked at me. I cursed under my breath.

"Truth or dare?" Bree said smugly. I was always into dares but I had a feeling that Bree, with her random dislike towards me, would make the dare unbearable.

"Truth." I said quietly. Bree rolled her eyes.

"Come on, Jo." Kiara whined. I shrugged.

"Such a bore." Melena, one of the other girls with us mumbled.

"You think you're special, why? Because you're a broken little thing? What makes you so special?" Bree spat. Everyone turned to look at me. Some girls giggled but some just looked annoyed. Everyone was waiting for my answer. 

What Bree said lingered in my head before I spoke.

"Oh screw this. Give me the dare." I said, annoyed. Bree paused for a moment, looking up as if she was trying to remember something. Then she turned her head to me and she had a smug look all over her face. I sighed. Bree looked over at the pool.

"Strip, completely. Dive, swim, get out the other side." My heart leaped up into my throat as she looked at me. "Simple." she added sweetly. I had an internal panic. She wanted me to strip naked. I barely knew these people. I scanned everybody's faces and realized that Bree hated me and wanted to make me look like a wimp. I was shy but I was no wimp.

"Fine." I said walking to the edge of the width of the pool. The guys cheered and the girls looked at me like I was insane. Maybe I was but I had to prove Bree wrong. She thought I couldn't do it. I wanted to shut her up. I took my bikini top off. More cheers erupted.

"Maybe this is a bad idea." Kiara called from the side. I zoned her out. I would swim the length of the pool, get out and get dressed as fast as possible. I took a deep breath and pulled my bikini bottoms down and kicked them to the side. All I could hear were cheers and wolf whistles, no pun intended. I filled my lungs with and dived in. The water was cool against my body and my newly exposed areas felt foreign in the pool. I stayed underwater for as long as I could before free-styling the rest of the way.