Chapter 27

Chapter Twenty Seven

I came to with a splitting headache. My hands were tied behind my back and my legs were tied to the legs of a chair. I looked around at four concrete walls around me, no windows just walls and a door.

The wall to my left and an unconscious Alexis chained and bleeding. This wasn't happening.

"Alexis!" I half - shouted. There was no response. "Alexis!" I tried again. She didn't even twitch. The metal door swung open and Luke strode in with a smug look on his face.

"Don't bother trying, princess. She's been out like a light for quite some time." He came over to me and ran his knuckles lightly up and down my cheek. "Much like yourself."

I want to rip his throat out! Saroya warned in my head.

Not now, he could hurt Alexis. I retorted. She gave a low growl.

"Let her go, Luke. She's of no use to you." I said through clenched teeth.

"Oh but that's where you're wrong. She's of so much use to me...see if you behave badly she gets the worst of the punishment." He said with a smirk. His hand made its way through my hair before he grabbed a fistful of it and pulled. "I'm going to enjoy killing you slowly." He sneered. He let go of my hair and sauntered out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

I let my head fall forward as I let angry tears fall from my eyes.

"Don't cry, honey, don't cry." I lifted my head to see Alexis' bloodied face sporting the typical worried mother's expression.

"You're okay." I said relieved that she was still alive.

"It'll take more than some little boys to keep this girl down." She chuckled lightly. She noticed my not laughing and she frowned a little. "Don't worry, sweety, we'll get out of here." She added.

"I really hope so." I muttered.

Riley's P.O.V

"I want this whole state searched if it comes to that. Just find them!" I bellowed angrily.

It had been over seven hours since anybody last saw Jolene and my mother. I had sent out multiple search parties but nobody had come up with anything. I didn't get it, they couldn't have just disappeared!

"Riley, we have something." Max said leading two guys to me. The two guys looked like they were still in high school and they were definitely high on something.

"What is this?" I asked impatiently.

"They claim that they saw something." Max said. He nudged them. "Go ahead. Tell him what you told me." he said. The two guys looked between each other and then the tallest one spoke first.

"We saw a chick-" he slurred.

"White hair, brown tips, dressed in black." the other interjected.

"And a cougar." He smirked. "Blonde and also in black."

"Dude, she was hot." the shorter one laughed. I resisted the urge to punch them.

"What happened to them?" I asked angrily.

"Some guys were shoving them into a black van." the tall one finished.

I spun around and went back into the house. That sick bastard had taken the two most important women in my life.

There was going to be hell to pay.

Jolene's P.O.V

The metal door swung open and I lifted my head. Luke walked in with two other guys. The two guys walked over to Alexis and unchained her. She slumped over and they picked her up and started going to the door.

"Wait! Where are you taking her? Leave her alone!" I was wriggling and squirming in the chair trying to get loose.

"Easy there, princess. You're going to join her." Luke said bending down and taking out a knife. He cute my legs loose. Big mistake. While he was bent over, I raised my knee and got him square in the face. He stumbled back a little, blood oozing from both his nostrils. He touched a finger to his nose and saw the blood. He gave me a sickening smile before charging at me and putting a hand around my neck.

"You little bitch!" I stood up with his hand around my neck and he threw me to the ground, my hands still tied behind my back. Luke stood over me, "Try anything like that again and I'll make sure your friend suffers!" he growled. He then grabbed me by the arm and hauled me to my feet.

He dragged me out of the room and up some stairs. When we got upstairs I recognized the inside of a cabin. It was deep in the woods near a cliff that had dangerous rocks and wild sea waters below. He pulled me out of the cabin and threw me onto the dirt next to Alexis. She looked up at me and I noticed that her eye had swollen shut and her nose was bleeding.

"What did you do to her?" I shouted. Luke wiped his bloodied nose.

"She must've been difficult. No worries, she's a wolf, she'll recover soon enough." he laughed.

Riley's P.O.V

I knocked on the door again. I was standing outside Jolene's friend's house, Alicia. She had been tipping Jolene off about all of Luke's plans so she had to know something. The door swung open and the redhead's eyes widened.

"Riley?" she asked confused. "What are you doing here?"

"Parolta." I said plainly.

"Luke? What about him?" she asked.

"He took Jolene and my mother."

"What?" she gasped. "What happened?"

"I'm not sure but all I know is that he found out where she was and he took her. Along with my mother. Do you have any idea where he might've taken them?"

"No, I don't. I-" before she finished speaking someone large appeared behind her. I recognized him as Parolta's Beta. My body tensed up.

Stay alert. Angelo added.

"I do." the guy, Matt, said. "There's a secluded cabin near the ocean. It's close the a cliff. It has a small cell we use to question rogues. He might've taken them there." I studied him. "You can trust me, man. I don't always agree with what Luke does besides Jolene is a good friend."

"Fine." I grumbled. "Let's go." I said heading to my car.

"Peanut, stay here." he said to Alicia.

"Okay." she said softly. She gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Be careful." she added. I waited by my car and he went over to the black pick up truck parked outside the garage.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"It's rough terrain out there so unless you want to damage your little sports car I suggest we take the truck." I looked at my Dodge then sighed following him to the truck. I got in the passenger side.

"It's about 20 miles away. Buckle up, we're getting there fast." he said starting the ignition.

I hope we're not too late. Angelo said.

A/N Oh em gee, the book is close to the end...next chapter will be very very intense so you shoud probably prepare yourself emotionally and mentally.

Thank you to Sani B for the epic poster on the side!

Vote and comment.

xoxo

K