Chapter 6

A/N I am so nervous about writing this entire book for some strange reason but please, don't be shy to comment and help a girl out with some crit, I value all advice.

xoxo

K

Chapter Six

Riley and I had spent another hour or so with Mom while she smothered me and interrogated me about how life was before Riley said that he had to check that the party hadn't gotten out of hand. Riley was already in the car while I stood at the door saying my final goodbyes to my mother.

"Remember, Jo, give him a chance and be open minded." she said giving me a sweet smile.

"Yeah, I will." I looked back at Riley's deep blue Challenger. He was fiddling with the radio.

"You were on the verge of rejecting him and he was so calm." she thought out loud.

"He was." I said dreamily.

"I still can't believe my little Jolene is mated to an alpha." she squealed.

"Mom!" I hissed. She smiled.

"Sorry sweetie," she put her hand on my cheek and looked at me ever so sweetly, "You're all grown up." she said softly. I leaned into her hand. I turned to look at Riley who was watching us.

"I should probably go."

"Mommy loves you." Mom said as I walked back to the car. I smiled remembering us doing this all the time.

"Jo loves mommy too." I smiled and got in the car. Riley looked over at me and then looked ahead starting the car.

"Keep an open mind?" he asked. I looked at his adorable smile and remembered the conversation I had just had.

"Open mind." I replied as he put it in first gear and drove off. I closed my eyes just trying to put everything into place.

I had met my mate today, even though I had convinced myself that I couldn't get one. He happened to be the alpha of the pack that was rival to my parents' pack. I had just promised to stay with this very sexy guy for a few months even though I had only known him for less than a day. This was proving to be one really stressful day.

"We're here." Riley said pulling up to the party that was still going on full swing. I groaned as I finally heard the music thumping loudly again.

"I need to rest." I said to Riley. He sighed and nodded. I stepped out and Riley offered me his hand, I was hesitant but took it anyway and he led me into the party.

As we walked passed people I received very nasty looks from the majority of the girls. I kept my head down and followed Riley. We walked up two flights of stairs to a third floor that was deserted. He opened a door, flicked the light switch on and pulled me in. I looked up at the predominantly purple room and I looked back at him.

"My room is literally right across from this one." he said scratching the back of his neck. I nodded slowly. "Make yourself comfortable."

"My clothes are-"

"I'll send someone to go get them." he said quickly. I could tell he was a little frustrated.

"Thanks." I mumbled going over to sit on the large king sized bed. I heard him sigh. I looked up at him with his messy brown hair.

"We'll figure this out." he said with a small smile.

"We'll figure this out." I repeated. He closed the door and I relaxed. I couldn't imagine how he felt. I was his mate and I nearly rejected him. I had to keep an open mind, put myself in his shoes. I took out my phone and dialed Alicia's number. She answered after the second ring.