Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty One

"This is a bad idea." Riley hissed as I dragged him along into the woods a mile or two behind the pack house.

"Riley, relax. You should be excited! I have my link with Saroya back and I can telepathically communicate with you too!" I said excitedly.

The suppression ring had suppressed my magic and with some help from Riley and Angelo I actually re-opened the link with my wolf. It was a huge shock at first but you get used to having an extra voice in your head.

Riley and I were playing around with my new ability to talk to him through our link when I suggested that we go and see if I could shift. Riley thought it was a bad idea but went along with it because I'd flashed him my award-winning puppy-dog-face.

After trudging through into the woods, out of sight, I looked around at the trees and the shrubs and bushes. It looked chilled enough. The moon was our only source of light but with my wolf-sight I saw pretty clearly.

"What if it doesn't work?" Riley asked me, his voice laced with concern. "What if she can't control herself like the last time?"

I'll behave. I promise. Saroya's voice floated in my head. After the hour or so of having Saroya with me I realised that she is a little on the spunky side, her sarcasm is hard to miss and she has a comment for almost everything...which can be annoying at times.

"I'll be fine. She won't lose control...I promise." I held Riley's hand and looked up into his eyes. "I promise." I repeated.

"Fine." he muttered. Excitedly I jumped up and let out a squeal.

"Yay! So...you going to help me out?" I asked him nervously. He nodded.

Riley's P.O.V.

"Okay, you need to communicate with her." I said to Jolene as she stood in front of me, her eyes gleaming with excitement. "Slowly, let her get control of you...physically...you need to feel the change...you need to feel her. Take it nice and easy." she nodded and slowed her breathing.

That's not how we do it, Angelo commented.

Shut up, I warned.

I watched as Jolene's blue eyes took on a darker shade until her eyes were a pool of black. She was looking at nothing in particular.

"Saroya?" I asked softly. Her eyes flickered to me and just like that Jolene's blue eyes were back. "What happened?" I asked her.

"I don't know. I just-" Jolene was interrupted by the cracking of bones. She looked surprised as her nails grew into claws, her teeth into large canines, her hands and feet into paws. Her clothes ripped apart as she grew in size and fur sprouted all over her body until a large white wolf stood in front of me.

Beautiful, Angelo said in the back of my mind. He wasn't wrong. I didn't know that Jolene was a white wolf...she was beautiful. White wolves are stronger in every department, speed, agility, aggression even producing pups, their's were the best.

The wolf snarled at me, her eyes no longer blue. I clenched my jaw. She's scared, Angelo said.

How do you know? I asked him.

She's our mate, I just know. he snapped.

I took as step forward, my eyes fixed on Saroya's. The air was thick with anticipation as I extended my hand. She growled.

"Easy, girl." I said softly as I put my hand on her snout. She went silent. I moved my hand up to her head and stroked her soft fur. She leaned into my hand and I smiled.

I think we just won her over, I said to Angelo.

Let me? he excitedly. I complied and let Angelo take over. We shifted into our large, auburn wolf form and stood in front of Saroya. Naturally we were slightly taller than her.

I closed the link with Angelo and let him have his time with his natural mate. Technically speaking, I was mated to Jolene and Angelo was mated to Saroya. That was the natural way.

The wolves walked side by side into the woods and then took off running. The woods proved to be a great playground for the two as they tumbled and pranced around eachother.  Obviously they were taking a liking to each other, but how can they not, they are mates after all. After letting them run wild and play for a while I opened the link with Angelo.

It's getting late, let's get the them back home.

Fine. he replied.

The two looked at each other as they telepathically bid each other their farewells. They put their foreheads together and closed their eyes. This was the wolf version of a hug.

I was happy that Saroya hadn't gone hostile and that meant that Jolene was also happy to have her wolf back and to have her wolf sane.

I still couldn't believe that Jolene had shifted. I had accepted that she may never shift again but here I was standing in front of her in her wolf form.

Amazing.

A/N Here's another update. Sorry if the chapter is a little short, I have said before though that the chapter length will vary according to content in the chapter. So here ya go. Love ya guys.

Vote and comment.

xoxo

K