Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

I rolled over onto my back and my eyes fluttered open. I smiled to myself when I realized I was in Riley's room. I sat up in the bed and looked around. He wasn't in the room. I sat for a while taking it all in. The large bed and the soft comforter, the empty room and its stylish furniture and the couch that had a pillow and a blanket. I sighed. Riley probably slept on the couch.

I slipped off of the bed and started fixing everything up. Ten minutes later, the room looked pretty good. All pillows and blankets were neatly on the bed, all trash from the previous night was in the trashcan and the curtains were open, letting the sunshine in.

I walked to my room opposite his and took a shower, brushed my teeth and got dressed. I decided on a floral sundress because I was in quite a good mood. I analyzed my hair while combing it, more of it was white like a few centimeters. I sighed and put it in a high ponytail. I went downstairs to find Kiara and Melena laughing wildly. They both stopped to look at me.

"Good morning, sunshine." Kiara beamed.

"Morning." I said to them both.

"You hungry?" Melena asked gesturing to the large bowl of fruit salad.

"Yeah, thanks." I served myself some and sat facing them. There was an awkward silence. Melena and Kiara exchanged a look. "Is there something wrong?" I asked after swallowing a piece of pineapple. They both shook their heads slowly. I raised an eyebrow. Kiara looked guilty and Melena kept a straight face. "What's going on?" I asked. Melena looked at Kiara. I started to panic a little. "Where's Riley?" I asked suddenly. Kiara looked down and Melena took a sip of her coffee suspiciously. "Kiara, where's Riley?" I asked, getting up. She didn't say anything. I went to her and spoke directly in her face, I knew I'd scare her more than I'd scare Melena. "Where is he?" I said in a warning tone.

"Infirmary." she muttered, keeping her eyes down. My heart jumped.

"You knuckle-head!" Melena scolded her.

"Where's the infirmary?" I asked. Kiara looked at me and then at Melena. "Where is it, Kiara?" I didn't like shouting at her but I had to see Riley. She let out a whimper.

"Just take her." Melena mumbled. Kiara grabbed my hand and started pulling me outside. She was moving quite quickly. My head was running through a million scenarios. What if he was badly hurt? What would I do then? What if I was the reason he got hurt? I got a sick feeling when Kiara led me into a huge hall and it kind of looked like a mini hospital. It had dozens of cubicles and there was a desk where a blonde lady was sitting, typing something on her keyboard. She looked up at Kiara and her face lit up.

"Kiara, doll, how are you?" the lady asked. Kiara smiled.

"Great, Shelly, how are the twins?" she asked politely.

"Oh no, the little monsters won't stop getting hurt. I think they figured out that because they're werewolves they heal fast so I've got broken bones here, bruises and cuts there, they're driving me nuts." she was chewing a piece of blue bubblegum and her voice was so high pitched.

"Really?" Kiara laughed. "I could imagine them just running around terrorizing the other ki-"

"Kiara." I cut her off. "Hurt alpha, worried mate." I hissed at  her.

"Oh right!" she remembered. "Which cubicle in Riley O'Connor in?" Kiara asked her.

"The Alpha?" the lady asked in a nasal voice. Kiara nodded. "Your mom is treating him in her office." Kiara smiled at the lady.

"See you later, Shelly." she called pulling me out of the infirmary.

"Where's your mom's office?" I asked as she pulled back towards a cottage near the pack house. "Here." she said pushing it open. It looked like general practioner's offce except there were posters of wolves and their broken bones and systems on the walls instead of your typical human posters. Riley was seated shirtless on a white bed while a dark haired woman in a white coat fiddled with his shoulder. I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard Riley chuckle.

"Mom." Kiara said pulling me forward.

"Kiara?" Riley asked confused. He then set his eyes on me. "Jolene." he smiled. I walked over to give him a hug. He flinched a little when I touched his right shoulder. I pulled back quickly and muttered an apology.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Kiara said you were in the infirmary." I said. "I thought you were badly hurt."

"Don't worry, sweetie, he's fine. It was just a dislocation. He'll be completely healed in about an hour." The woman in the coat said. She looked like Kiara if she were in her forties and had brunette hair.

"Oh." I blushed. Here I was thinking Riley was on his death bed.

"Jo, this is my mom, Madison." Kiara said hugging the woman tightly. I shook the woman's hand and smiled politely.

"Lovely to meet you, ma'am."

'Oh the pleasure is all mine, Luna." I felt my face heat up as she said the word. "You were right, Kiara, she has a beautiful aura." she said to Kiara. I just looked back at Riley who beckoned me to come closer. I stepped to him and he put his arm around my waist.

"I told Kiara not to worry you." he said calmly.

"She did a crappy job." I teased looking at Kiara.

"Me? You basically looked like you wanted to have my head on a plate." she accused me. I flushed remembering how vicious I was. Riley pulled me closer.

"Is that true?" he said looking at me, his amber eyes burning brightly.

"Sort of?" I said more of a question than a statement. Everyone chuckled and Riley stood up to put his shirt back on.

"Thank you, doc. I hope to see you again in the not so near future." he said hugging Madison.

"I hope so too, sweetheart. That shoulder can't be flying around for another hour or so, so no funny business." she warned.

"Gotcha." he grinned.

"I'll catch up with you guys later." Kiara said as Riley ushered me to the door. I smiled back at her and let Riley lead me back to the pack house. We strolled slowly making our way there.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It was just a patrol that went a little wrong." My brow creased with some worry. "Hey, don't even worry about it. It's handled. I just want you to worry about settling in." he said sweetly. I took his hand as we entered the house and went upstairs to the third floor.

"About the settling in, I've been meaning to talk to you about that." I said squeezing his hand. We walked into his office and he sat on the edge of the table with me directly in front of him. His gaze sent tingles down my spine.

"What about it?" he asked nervously.

"I'm settled and I'm ready." I said confidently. His eyes grew wider.

"Ready for?"

"I'm ready to be introduced to the pack as your mate and their Luna." I said with a sudden burst of confidence. His face lit up and he had a goofy smile on his face.

"Really? Because I'm wiling to give you three months to decide, there's no rush." he said quickly. I took his other hand and he smiled looking at me.

"No, I'm ready. I've decided in under three days. I want to do this."

His smile widened and he pulled in for a kiss. I smiled against his lips. My arms made their way to around his neck as he pulled me in tighter. I let out a small whimper when he pulled away.

"You've just made my life." he said huskily.

"That's what I was hoping to do." I said pulling him in for another kiss.

A/N Well how about that? Seems like a nice little ending there...jokes, that isn't the ending, it's just getting started. Let me know what you guys think.

Vote and comment.

xoxo

K